Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am a semi noob when it comes to overclocking but I am pretty interested in it. Right now as you can see in my sig I am running a q9400 on a Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L mobo. I currently was able to get the cpu up to 3.2 ghz 8x400 FSB. Under full stress testing with prime 95 I only hit about 55 degrees c with my arctic freezer pro 7 so I know heat wise it can go higher. The problem seems to be im stuck at a wall because of my memory. Im basically wondering if there is anything I can do to get past this with out purchasing newer and faster memory. The memory I currently have runs at 800 mhz but is rated up to 2.1v. If I try to bump the fsb anything past the 400 fsb It cycles and reverts to stock settings.

I read the guide and I saw that an option is to overclock your memory but I just cant seem to find that option on this board. Is it because it is unavailable or is it just something that I am missing. I can change the volatage but thats about it. When in bios the SBB? option is set at 2.00 which makes the left number under the memory clock speed 800 as well as the right number. If i go auto or the next step up it goes to 960 and will not post.

Can anyone give me some advice or is the best I'm going to get out of this setup? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to add, at one point I had this same setup at 3.4. I just lowered because my cooling was as good as it is now. So I do believe it is possible, i just dont know what I did.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Leave the Sbb on 2.00...and increase fsb..ur memory speed wud be *2 the fsb so if u goto 410 memory wud be at 820 which i think wud be possible...

·
Registered
94 Posts
u can go upto 420 from what i have read. i am running 400 with 1.23v vcore on a e8400, 3.6 ghz. mem @ 1066. the p43 is limited by intel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts