Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
64,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

The last few months have been difficult on us all and I think it is safe to say that at times that would be an understatement. During the migration we have had our ups and down while trying to get OCN back to its former glory on our new platform. We are of course all still working hard at getting everything back online that needs to be online and making tweaks to improve the OCN experience. We have work ahead of us, no doubt about that.

It is with that sentiment I would like to take the opportunity to announce that I have formally taken over the helm at OCN since the departure of Chipp. He has done a fantastic job at keeping the ship on course all this time alongside our fellow Staff members. They both deserves more credit than I could imagine. I have a very personal connection with the community and I have grown alongside it since 2004. The community has shown me many things both from a professional and personal standpoint and I would like to think I have been able to give back a thing or two during my time here.

Overclock.net is about the community and that comes first, with no community there is no OCN. It is with that sentiment that I will continue my work with VS and our in-house staff to make sure the community as a core principle holds true, always. I am in the unique position of being among the first generation of staff which gives me the best overview I could ask for of what OCN was, is and should remain moving forward.

On a personal note I would like to thank all the Staff past and present for their fantastic work and steadfast dedication through the years. I would also like to say thanks to our founder Admin who made the community a possibility. His time and efforts should never be forgotten. Most of all I would like to thank the membership for remaining with us all this time and continuing to do so during these trying times.

We have a good amount of work to do as mentioned, I am hoping you will continue to walk the path with us with a view to making OCN the best community experience possible.

Here’s to the future of Overclock.net

All the best,
ENTERPRISE

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I wish you the best of luck @ENTERPRISE - this is a huge step. You are an amazing admin and glad to see this happen. Sucks to see Chipp step down, he also was a very great person of OCN.

·
Senior Overclocker
4,992 Posts
Good luck man!
All I'm looking for, as a user, is to see this great forum thrive and have as much members as possible because this place helped me time and again to find the information I was looking for and it's also a pleasure to give back knowledge to other people.
Keep up the good work!

·
Water-cooler
1,663 Posts
Congrats! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Hello all,

The last few months have been difficult on us all and I think it is safe to say that at times that would be an understatement. During the migration we have had our ups and down while trying to get OCN back to its former glory on our new platform. We are of course all still working hard at getting everything back online that needs to be online and making tweaks to improve the OCN experience. We have work ahead of us, no doubt about that.

It is with that sentiment I would like to take the opportunity to announce that I have formally taken over the helm at OCN since the departure of Chipp. He has done a fantastic job at keeping the ship on course all this time alongside our fellow Staff members. They both deserves more credit than I could imagine. I have a very personal connection with the community and I have grown alongside it since 2004. The community has shown me many things both from a professional and personal standpoint and I would like to think I have been able to give back a thing or two during my time here.

Overclock.net is about the community and that comes first, with no community there is no OCN. It is with that sentiment that I will continue my work with VS and our in-house staff to make sure the community as a core principle holds true, always. I am in the unique position of being among the first generation of staff which gives me the best overview I could ask for of what OCN was, is and should remain moving forward.

On a personal note I would like to thank all the Staff past and present for their fantastic work and steadfast dedication through the years. I would also like to say thanks to our founder Admin who made the community a possibility. His time and efforts should never be forgotten. Most of all I would like to thank the membership for remaining with us all this time and continuing to do so during these trying times.

We have a good amount of work to do as mentioned, I am hoping you will continue to walk the path with us with a view to making OCN the best community experience possible.

Here’s to the future of Overclock.net

All the best,
ENTERPRISE
When you get image uploading working again then you can start your backslapping. I think your message of optimism is wearing on many long time users here. Why can't you revert the software to the point where image uploads work until you work out these intolerable bugs???? I keep on asking this question and no one has the guts to give an honest and accurate answer

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,514 Posts
Congratulations Enterprise, keep up the rhythm and the long-time priceless dedication and keep tabs on VS because at the current rhythm they've got at least another six months of work before this forum is back up to the standard it was before.

Also, a word of appreciation for Chipp for all your hard work over the years, I hope you come back from time to time to say hello.

And finally, :thumb:

·
Slurpee Addict
379 Posts
Congrats and good luck

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
You certainly have your work cut out for you.

Best of Luck!

And, congrats.

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
Congrats E!

As a staff member I know behind the scenes your hard work and detication I see you put into overclock daily for all these years working with you and your previous duties.

I know how busy you’ve been since the integration from Huddler in February and everything you’ve done to get us to this point. A huge thank you to you too.

Overclock has a very good helmsman moving forward. :)

·
Administrator
64,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you get image uploading working again then you can start your backslapping. I think your message of optimism is wearing on many long time users here. Why can't you revert the software to the point where image uploads work until you work out these intolerable bugs???? I keep on asking this question and no one has the guts to give an honest and accurate answer
Optimism and hope is how you see a future and move towards it :)

I completely agree with you that we have to get these issues sorted, I personally have not seen the questions posed from yourself asking as to the situation but let me answer now.

Rolling back software is not really a solution, as the main platform and plugins are tied in together you cannot really roll back one without the other. If we were to rollback, this could possibly cause further issues. At current it is a plugin here at fault an it is more effective to repair the one plugin than to do a roll back.

I am in full agreement that we have some intolerable bugs, and I am not going to pretend otherwise and I never have. VS have work to do in order to bring this back up to spec and I will be working with them to make sure that is the case.

It is worth pointing out that I am NOT a developer and I do not fix issues myself that revolve around the plugins and forum software. I handle everything onsite and liaise with VS on Bugs and future site development.

·
Perennial Noob
612 Posts
Congratulations and good luck, E! I hope from your new position you will be even better suited to help restore OCN to what it was before the botched migration, and to drive it forward to become even better.

·
Administrator
64,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations and good luck, E! I hope from your new position you will be even better suited to help restore OCN to what it was before the botched migration, and to drive it forward to become even better.

Thanks !

This is indeed my goal my good sir, we will get there ;)

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
Congratulations mate, and thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this community.

·

29,532 Posts
I'm at a loss for words. There's simply no better person to have taken that role :D
My thought of you being the head admin of the site has been with me since the very first years. I still remember other members joking about you and Chozart being wired directly into OCN servers :p

Now that you've reached the endgame, what's next?

·
Administrator
64,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm at a loss for words. There's simply no better person to have taken that role :D
My thought of you being the head admin of the site has been with me since the very first years. I still remember other members joking about you and Chozart being wired directly into OCN servers :p

Now that you've reached the endgame, what's next?
Thanks bud !

Haha I remember those days, it is odd to think that it has been so long since then. I do miss good old Chozart ! I think I am more wired in to the servers than ever now :p

The endgame huh, well it is true there is not much in regards to upwards progression now lol, but hey, you never know :thumb:

Thanks again,
E

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Congratulations, and I wanted to say all the staff do a fantastic job, and is by far one of the best communities that I cannot stay away from. :)

·
Packet Pusher
2,317 Posts
Man, I go away for a few years and you grew up!

Congrats to you my friend.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Appreciate all the work you and the staff do to keep this site up and running. There is a wealth of information on this site and there always seems to be someone that is eager to help another when in need.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts