Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys ever thought of that? I've got projects that needed to be rendered, so I looked into google. Looked at a few rendering farms and saw the pricetag. It was pretty damn high, so I figured that if Overclock.net had their own rendering server gang willing to help out newbs like me render, how much popular they would become, mabey even charge a few bucks later on?
I have no clue if any of you guys like this, or have 3dsMax mabey even some of you think this is useless, I have no clue.

·
Registered
668 Posts
honestly bro, do what I did. Go get some cheap socket 1207 F motherboards from ebay and create your own dedicated rendering farm. A quadsocket 1207 f is here...

Tyan Transport GT26 Quad Socket F Opteron server

or
MSI K9ND SPEEDSTER-WA6

well you get the idea.

The only reason my sigrig is still around is because I NEED 8 real cores. And besides when I render my short animations I do it overnight. a 5 minute animation can take my sigrig 2-6 hours depending on what's being animated (plus effects and such).

For the price of 1 core i7 rig, I can build 4-6 systems all using 8 cores. anyway, good luck in your search. I know it's hard out there.

BTW my sigrig only cost me $640 (Don't tell anyone though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts