Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to increase the clock on a PCChips PC100 mobo past 100mhz? Maybe by upgrading the bios?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneer

Is it possible to increase the clock on a PCChips PC100 mobo past 100mhz? Maybe by upgrading the bios?

first off, welcome to the forum.

As for your question, I am not really familiar with that brand motherboard, I will have to do some research on it. Did this motherboard come out of a manufactured PC like HP or compaq? Do you have a model number?

One thing you can do is look in the BIOS and see if you have any overclocking options like adjusting the FSB (Front Side Bus), CPU frequency, Memory frequency, Vcore, Dram voltage, and stuff like that. If some or all of those option are there, then more than likely you can OC the board. If not, and you still have the manual, check to see if any of it can be changed via jumpers on the mainboard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by archer_456

first off, welcome to the forum.

As for your question, I am not really familiar with that brand motherboard, I will have to do some research on it. Did this motherboard come out of a manufactured PC like HP or compaq? Do you have a model number?

One thing you can do is look in the BIOS and see if you have any overclocking options like adjusting the FSB (Front Side Bus), CPU frequency, Memory frequency, Vcore, Dram voltage, and stuff like that. If some or all of those option are there, then more than likely you can OC the board. If not, and you still have the manual, check to see if any of it can be changed via jumpers on the mainboard.

Well the model number is M747, the computer is not a manufactured pc. There is all those options in the bios but the processor has a clock lock, P2 350mhz. The only way to OC it is to increase the FSB freq. The only options I have are 66mhz and 100mhz. It is currently on 100mhz, x 3.5(factor). I cant change the factor. Will upgrading the bios have any use?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneer

Well the model number is M747, the computer is not a manufactured pc. There is all those options in the bios but the processor has a clock lock, P2 350mhz. The only way to OC it is to increase the FSB freq. The only options I have are 66mhz and 100mhz. It is currently on 100mhz, x 3.5(factor). I cant change the factor. Will upgrading the bios have any use?

If 66 and 100 are the only options you have then you may not be able to overclock. I don't know if upgrading the bios will help you any. If you could find a modded bios then maybe yes, but you will have to an a$$ of searching for that, and I doubt you will find one for that board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by archer_456

If 66 and 100 are the only options you have then you may not be able to overclock. I don't know if upgrading the bios will help you any. If you could find a modded bios then maybe yes, but you will have to an a$$ of searching for that, and I doubt you will find one for that board.

Thanks for that dude.........
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top