Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My overclock appears stable (10 hours of prime95, 20 runs of ibt) but when i turn off my pc and come back a few hours later, it does not post and afterwards i am greeted with the "overclocking failed!" message. Can anyone help me out? Is it a voltage issue?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The easy answer is that if your computer doesn't function correctly than it's not stable, no matter how many hours of stress testing you've done. You can up the voltage (those things will take up to 1.5V on the core without issues, but don't go higher) or if you're already near the voltage ceiling you'll have to back off the clock. In your case you might be able to make it stable by increasing the VTT (FSB voltage) to 1.30 or so, and make your MCH (northbridge voltage) around the same as the VTT. You are close to stable if your chip is taking such a beating, just some minor tweaks will fix it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227 View Post
The easy answer is that if your computer doesn't function correctly than it's not stable, no matter how many hours of stress testing you've done. You can up the voltage (those things will take up to 1.5V on the core without issues, but don't go higher) or if you're already near the voltage ceiling you'll have to back off the clock. In your case you might be able to make it stable by increasing the VTT (FSB voltage) to 1.30 or so, and make your MCH (northbridge voltage) around the same as the VTT. You are close to stable if your chip is taking such a beating, just some minor tweaks will fix it.

Good luck!
Do you think it's because i had my cpu voltage at 1.25? My nb is 1.3 and my fsb term voltage is 1.3 also. ANd if thats not it, i tried setting my ram to a lower setting and turned off my pc (power switch) and it started up again just fine....the ram is rated for 1066 and i was only running it at 1023...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts