Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My system specs:
Motherboard: G43T-AM
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8300 2,50GHz
RAM: 8Gb DDR2 800MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 750ti 2Gb GDDR5
PSU: Corsair VS450 450w
HDD: Western Digital 750Gb 7200rpm
I tried to overclock by BIOS, but there isn't the option to do it.
Is there a way to overclock without entering the BIOS?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,683 Posts
No, but even if you could, you have a few things against you here:

• The motherboard. It's made by ECS, and they make very low-quality motherboards. They were even worse back in the socket 775 days.
  • The chipset. Overclocking is best done on P35 or P45, or even X48. The G43 chipset isn't good for overclocking.
  • The form factor is Micro ATX. In the socket 775 days especially, Micro ATX were far worse at overclocking than Standard ATX motherboards because there's less room on the PCB for things that help with overclocking.
  • The CPU. The Q8300 was never known to be a good overclocker.
  • The PSU: Corsair's VS Series is very low in quality, very bad for overclocking. Its power delivery is too unstable and inaccurate for overclocking, and the quality of the parts inside the PSU is just too low. These PSUs are NOT for gaming machines, and most certainly not for overclocking.

So, you're not going to be overclocking. :/

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,683 Posts
That's how I feel too. I hate giving news like this.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguineDrone View Post

Some ECS series are actually very nice motherboards, but this one obviously isn't one of those.
From the Socket 775 days? Yeah sure, some of the modern ECS boards are ok, but all I remember from the days of Core2 is that ECS should be avoided at all costs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts