Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Soyo P4VGA motherboard with an Intel P4 3.06 ghz cpu.
512mb of Kingston pc4000 DDR memory.
running win xp with sp2.
chaintech fx5700 nvidia video card.

i was hoping there was some way to overclock this motherboard, but have been unable to find any information anywhere.

all help would be appriciated.

porsch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Enter your CMOS and find the field where the clock speed and multiplier are set. If you can change the clock speed (sometime there will be a separate field to switch the clock speed to manual control) then your board is overclock capable. You can't change the multiplier on an Intel Chip.

I recomend reading the Sticky from NoAffinity at the top of the forum and the FAQ (if you have not already done that).

zeroKilo

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
i just bought an abit vt7 the options are much better but havent oc'd yet still looking for a cooling solution have a couple ideas

my soyo had like a couple of options like turbo or something lame like that but wouldnt let me adjust the fsb so i just gave up
mine was the soyo p4-vtp yours is prolly about the same

i still have the chip and the mobo so it will make a good backup for if i fry my new board

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.