Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit.. Got It!

Hey guys, Don't ask why.. basically I'm trying to overclock my Atom CPU in my Netbook, after reading around it's been done very many times and reaching up to 2.0 Ghz with a very small heat increase. So I'm trying to do this on my new 1201N

Basically the way this is done is installing OC Tuner, adding a ION.ini file to it's directory (Done). and then the last step is in the C:/Program Files/OC Tuner folder there is a bunch of stuff, one of these is called Asrock.ini and it's got ALL the info and models that the program supports. I'm supposed to add mine to the list, and many have done this already from what I read on the netbook forum.

So, I'm supposed to open this folder, it opens to Notepad. and under Supported Models I need to just add "1201n=ion.ini" to the list, and Save..
Seems easy enough right.... I thought so also, I can't save it. When I save it I get the option to replace existing. I choose yes, and I get an error. Access Denied when I try to save it.

Does anyone know why I can't simply edit an ini file in Notepad and Save it to it's same location. I'm getting a Access Denied. I've done this same step before with drivers, with PC game cheats n cracks like giving more health in Crysis (not online cheating of course)
I just need to be able to edit, and save this ini file. and it's not letting me, any idea's would be great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and I didn't know where else to put this, but it's a Intel Motherboard, and it's about adding my mobo spec to the ini list of supported boards.. lol so this seemed right.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
mm well i honsetly think that ovcn it isnt a good idea... even with the small heat increment it would really ruin the fun of yer netbook... it gets that bit more anoyingly hotter and the lifespan decreases.. it will work but meh... its your option also its probably locked cuz its in read only mode.. and you cant change that... probably got it patched or something and now its locked

·
Registered
4 Posts
What I do when I want to alter a locked file is save the file you edited with a new name. Then right-click-rename the original or right-click-copy-paste so you have a backup of the original. Then delete the first original file.... Then rename your new edited file with the same, exact name the original file had. The program that uses that file won't bother to look at whether or not it is copy-protected. If it's there, it uses it. I haven't had any gripes from any programs yet.
I modify games in this manner as well.

Sounds as though you already got your problem fixed though. Grats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts