Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MB: Asus P4VP-MX
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.60GHz 478-Pin 128KB L2 Cache

I tried to look on the BIOS, I guess its locked and wont let me adjust the speed and stuff. Those blanks are all greyed out.

But then Im a noob of OC, thats why I want to come here and ask some pros and see if I can still OC this computer.

Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Look for an option along the lines of "Bus Speed" and set it to Manual instead of Auto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
840 Posts
If you can't find it try updating the BIOS (probably using AsusUpdate, if not available for that mobo, use AFUDOS).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jack

If you can't find it try updating the BIOS (probably using AsusUpdate, if not available for that mobo, use AFUDOS).

Updated the BIOS, still won't let me adjust the FSB, etc.
It said Ratio Status : Locked

humm...btw the AFUDOS mentioned above....how do I use AFUDOS to OC my computer?

Thank You.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
can you unlock the ratio status? Im 99% sure there is an option that has to be changed from auto to manual for it to work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
840 Posts
AFUDOS doesn't OC your computer. AFUDOS is an MS-DOS based way of updating your BIOS on Asus mobos. And like Denmor said, look for an "auto" option that can be changed to "manual" and change it to "manual"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look thru the BIOS 50 times already
Cant find any Ratio change from Auto to Manual options. Oh man!
In the CPU Configuration menu, everything are greyed out.

I wonder is my MB really that bad that cant even adjust the FSB or Multiplier?
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
I know that ASUS does not lock out the Ocing ability, the firs tthing you need to do is change all setting in the BIOS from Auto to manual.
After the changes you will see some of the multipliers change colors which means that you can change them.

Check PAhes 2-13 and 2-21 of your manual for OCing informations, 2-13 is for RAM voltages and 2-21 is for the CPU ocing abilities.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ahson

MB: Asus P4VP-MX
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.60GHz 478-Pin 128KB L2 Cache

I tried to look on the BIOS, I guess its locked and wont let me adjust the speed and stuff. Those blanks are all greyed out.

But then Im a noob of OC, thats why I want to come here and ask some pros and see if I can still OC this computer.

Thanks!!

I checked out the manual for your motherboard. The bad news is, you don't have any OC'ng options for that board. It's time for an upgrade if you want to OC your current Intel setup.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Shuji Onizuka

certain companys lock the option out of the bios to stop people from overclocking. one of those being celeron.

Thats not 100% correct, LOL. Yes some companies do lock the OC options, they are mainly low end companies and companies that make boards for companies like HP and Dell. As for the Celeron being one of them, thats not correct. Celeron is a CPU, it has nothing to do with locking the OC options in the bios. Celeron just like any other Intel CPU, is multiplier locked AFAIK(Unless it is a engineering chip). Celeron do OC very well. We have a couple people on the forum that have been able to get some great overclocks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

I know that ASUS does not lock out the Ocing ability, the firs tthing you need to do is change all setting in the BIOS from Auto to manual.
After the changes you will see some of the multipliers change colors which means that you can change them.

Check PAhes 2-13 and 2-21 of your manual for OCing informations, 2-13 is for RAM voltages and 2-21 is for the CPU ocing abilities.

We must not be looking at the same P4VP-MX manual, LOL. The pages you listed do not match the pages in the manual I downloaded from the Asus site. I have pg.2-13 is memory timings and frequency and pg 2-21 is "hardware temp/voltage monitoring". Are you sniffing glue again mfillpot?? J/K.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
I was just scanning through to find the screenprints of the needed options, let me check again........

2.13 SDRAM frewuency and Configure DRAM timing
2-21 Is Hardware Mopnitor, but is include the CPU voltages.

Also as stated in the manual, the options may or may not be available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:


Originally Posted by archer_456

We must not be looking at the same P4VP-MX manual, LOL. The pages you listed do not match the pages in the manual I downloaded from the Asus site. I have pg.2-13 is memory timings and frequency and pg 2-21 is "hardware temp/voltage monitoring". Are you sniffing glue again mfillpot?? J/K.

The manual I have right here....(the actual manual, not the one DL from the site)

2-13: Chipset - SDRAM Frequency, Configure DRAM Timing by SPD
2-21: Hardware Monitor - CPU Temp, MB Temp, CPU & Chassis Fan Speed, VCore Voltage.

Thats what I have on my manual book.

Looks like my MB is locked (somehow) for the OC ability....humm...sad
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top