Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Subarashii Mortal
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released on January 28th, but that doesn't mean that PC gamers can't get a glimpse of what to expect.

Today we have for you the graphical options menu for Rise fo he Tomb Raider, the latest iteration of the Tomb Raider franchise which is finally coming to PC after it's release on Xbox One in November of last year.

Like most other PC games we have the typical texture quality options, Anisotropic filtering options and options for Ambient occlusion, Depth of field, screen space reflections and dynamic foliage.

Sadly the only option for AA in the game is FXAA, which is a real shame which could be overcomes by forcing it in you GPU drivers.
Source

PureHair is TressFX under a different name.

Sorry if I did anything wrong with post format etc. first timer here.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,771 Posts
Is pure hair TressFX? Either way, I'm glad there is an option to turn it off, these hair effects still look odd to me.

·
PC Evangelist
47,371 Posts
Can't wait for this game. Hopefully it has good CFX support.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

Is pure hair TressFX? Either way, I'm glad there is an option to turn it off, these hair effects still look odd to me.
I don't think it looks bad, but when the player character is the only one it gets applied to it seems odd.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Did they publish system requirements yet?

·
User
2,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Considering that it is a console port;

Gtx titan x
32 gb ram

And the soul of your firstborn.
You know the first one was also a port and wasn't that much performance heavy.

·
PC Evangelist
47,371 Posts
We will now if this games runs bad then Nvidia will be blamed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
FXAA no thanks. I'll be using Reshade/Sweetfx

·
I <3 narcissists
6,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsquare View Post

I don't think it looks bad, but when the player character is the only one it gets applied to it seems odd.
They have a ways to go before they have the physics of hair figured out. Bounces around all over the place, jerks and twitches when the characters head turns... none of it looks natural. The only time it comes close is in extreme cases like strong winds blowing. TR2013's hair wasn't too bad (nothing like the silly stuff in The Witcher) but it is still a long ways away from natural.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
hope it scales well with multiple gpus like the last one. kinda irked cuz i already bought the xbone version and i didn't think the pc would be out this soon.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Cam View Post

hope it scales well with multiple gpus like the last one. kinda irked cuz i already bought the xbone version and i didn't think the pc would be out this soon.
Agreed, I didn't play TR2013 until a few days ago when I got it with my RotTR pre order so I don't know what it was like on launch but it runs well now and does a good job of using both cards.

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGA-JacobF View Post

It has AA settings, they are on a different menu.
Does the other menu also have NVIDIA VXAO?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

damn , i was looking for TemporalAA instead of cheesy FXAA
one can always force AA using driver level stuff (SMAA, MSAA(god forbid anyone using MLAA)) but of course everyone just wants the convenient menu button

1 - 20 of 61 Posts