Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to fix this? Would adding more voltage through the card work, kind of like with a CPU overclock? It was working before, but now whenever 3dmark 06 gets to the snow part, it locks up and resets my computer

forgot to mention, I have MSI hawk 5770 at 1035 core, 1400 memory 1.25v

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls
View Post

that score seems ok to me. 5770~ GTX 260 Slightly slower your cpu might be holding back your card a 1k or so points as well.

Really? I mean, I looked at the guy next to me and his seemed like it wasn't all that much better and he had 50k scores on GPU and CPU. What would make my CPU not hold it back? I would think 3.8 GHz would be more than enough to not bottleneck a last seasonish card

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Sounds like you're not fully stable my friend.

Use GPUTool to test for stability in conjunction with Afterburner, you'll likely need to bump voltage up a bit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van
View Post

Sounds like you're not fully stable my friend.

Use GPUTool to test for stability in conjunction with Afterburner, you'll likely need to bump voltage up a bit.

I ran GPU Tool for an hour with no errors :/ Even when I had it higher it had no errors, and wouldn't run 3dmark. I dropped it down to 1000 MHz core and 1400 memory, and it ran 3dmark, just seems weird that it wouldn't before when there were no artifacts.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zetswei
View Post

I ran GPU Tool for an hour with no errors :/ Even when I had it higher it had no errors, and wouldn't run 3dmark. I dropped it down to 1000 MHz core and 1400 memory, and it ran 3dmark, just seems weird that it wouldn't before when there were no artifacts.

Hmmm that's weird, how about games? If you're stable in those as well, I might just try reinstalling '06.

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zetswei
View Post

Really? I mean, I looked at the guy next to me and his seemed like it wasn't all that much better and he had 50k scores on GPU and CPU. What would make my CPU not hold it back? I would think 3.8 GHz would be more than enough to not bottleneck a last seasonish card

lol that guy next to you on there getting 50k is the highest scoring rig on there, hes prob running tri-fire 5870, and hes got a i7 980.... your duel core is holding you back im sure, 4ghz dual would prob break the bottleneck or a 3ghz quad.

·
Banned
10,307 Posts
Quote:

View Post

lol that guy next to you on there getting 50k is the highest scoring rig on there, hes prob running tri-fire 5870, and hes got a i7 980.... your duel core is holding you back im sure, 4ghz dual would prob break the bottleneck or a 3ghz quad.

this. if you want to remove the bootleneck then get on overclocking your dual. i get the most out of my card because of my overclock on the gpu BUT more so the overclock on my C2D.

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Quote:

View Post

or entry mode 3dmark vantage

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fssbzz View Post
set your CCC setting to default. in the 3d tab
I don't even use CCC, was told to uninstall it because it was resetting my MSI afterburner and not working well with it. As for the guy next to me, yeah I was just looking at single specs, not what else he had xD

I'm working on getting over 3.8 stable, but it's proving hard. I think I'm making progress though, just stabilized my RAM overclocks, and now working on northbridge stuff. Also, vantage did the same thing. It seems to be working now though

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yeah he is running I7 980 @4.5 and quad 5870's. Bad comparison there OP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.