Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toshiba laptops are great overclockers. I got this laptop second hand, it's going to take over the HTPC duties. After I found out that this laptop is upgradable to a Yonah core, I bought a used T2250 from eBay, and it works great. The chipset is an ATI RS400 chipset, the fsb is unlinked from the ram, using Clockgen (ICS951416 PLL) I was able to clock it to 183fsb stable. Overall I'm pretty happy with this.

But one problem though, I bought a set (2 sticks) of 1GB ram DDR2 800 ram, however, when I plug in both the laptop fails to boot, if I plug in either stick with the original 512mb stick that came with the laptop, it boots fine and runs stably. Any ideas why this is? Thanks

• Rep+
Reactions: whitefro

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, both sticks are Hyundai, they are a dual channel kit. They each work if I just leave the stock 512mb and just use one stick, but if I use both sticks the laptop won't boot. There's no error beep or anything, just blank screen.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't change any voltage, it hit 2.39ghz on stock voltage. Whether you can oc your T2250 depends a lot on the chipset. The laptop has the ATI X200M chipset, which was supported by Clockgen. I just keep increasing the fsb and test for stability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts