Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ok i know.... NEWBIE! haha

I did this before and freakin accidentally left it on the wrong setting, now my computer won't boot up. Dang it JOE!

I have an AMD K7 Athlon XP and set the CPU Freq to 166 and the DRAM Freq to 133. So after doing this I saved/exit then then as you know my computer won't start up... Again... Dang it JOE! haha

Last time i did this I can't recall what I did to fix it?

Please help, thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Or just do the ol' battery trick. Take out the round, silver battery in your mobo (disconnect all sources of electricity, first), then wait about 5~10 min.

Then plug it back in.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
all you have to do is disconnect the power cord to the psu, then press the on button a couple times to drain left over power then take the little round battery out and put it back in and then hook the power cord back up and youre good to go. you dont have to wait for anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried both battery tricks and no luck... thanks though...

tryin to locate the cmos reset now... lol

thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found specs to reset the CMOS w/ the jumpers. it said to take out 4 and put it on 1-2. any other help you can think of? thanks again

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Did you reset it, or are you waiting for us to tell you where the cmos jumper is?
Take a look at jumpers on your mobo, there should be a small "cmos" label next to it. Just switch the position for a minute of the jumper, then switch it back. Make sure your power is off and unplugged from the wall when doing it..I have a feeling you already knew this and i just wasted my time..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts