Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my board to post after an OC,I've removed the battery and moved the jumper. no post , anything else I could do? Did I kill it? Fan still turn and lights still on , but nothing on the screen
Help.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The memory? If you have 2 sticks, try removing one and see if it post, then the other way with the other one...???

Damm, you beat me to it..

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
removed one stick of ram, should I try to removed the other and put this back in?

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
do every combination. RAM A in Slot1, RAM B in Slot 1, you need to figure out if one of them is dead, or if they both are dead.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
here's how you can find out, hook your speakers to the onboard sound, and then put 1 stick in at a time. If you hear "memory check failed' or something like that, RMA the suckers.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
I'm going on experience because if you look at the thread I made, it is exactly the same as what your problem is. I have the same RAM, Motherboard, and processor and so I'm assuming that you made the same mistake I did. It is close to impossible to fry anything on an Asus because you can't really give anything enough voltage to fry. Thats all. I'm 99% positive it's your RAM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.