Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the updated calculator. It will require .NET v1.1 and ADO 2.8. If you don't have them microsoft will be more than happy to supply you with them. This version uses a database to store default CPU specs. This database is written at run-time so write access is needed. Once written you can modify the db as much as you want. Many thanks to Xaiver1421 for his input, c627627 for the CPU roadmap, and admin for being admin.

Comments always welcomed!!

EDIT: File updated! v3.0.1.37702 (2/16/2005 9P CST)

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by what?
What is this?Cant figure out install.
It is a calculator designed to help out when figuring what FSB/HTT/Mulit changes will do for your system. I got tired of figuring out by hand anytime I wanted to change. To install simply unzip the contents to a directory and run the exe. I will make an installer, but not untill it goes through another test cycle, I already found one error (the HTT Frequency label doesn't go away).

If the exe doesn't run then you probably don't have .NET v1.1 or MDAC 2.8. Both of these should be easy to find at MS. They will be included in the final installer.

Here is Screen Shot
LL

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
AMD overclock calculator. It's pretty good for the Noobs.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Thats pretty damn cool!! Love the skin! Love the HTT Freq changing colors with an exclamation when you pass a certain threshold...

Awesome work BFRD!

Some mobile bartons in there and we're all off to the races!

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, there is a new version back in the first post of this thread. I added in some mobile and DTR processors. I also fixed that HTT Frequency label problem (I think). I also added in a version number at the bottom for additional revisions if needed.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak
Hey dude you need to add my discontinued Skt 754 3200+ desktop Clawhammer. Nice work though.
The database that gets created when the program first runs is fully editable. You can add anything you like, as long as you put in valid information.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

AMD overclock calculator. It's pretty good for the Noobs.

Yea, i was hoping for a generic one so i didn't have to keep running calc.exe every time i wanted to push my system a little more.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Yea, i was hoping for a generic one so i didn't have to keep running calc.exe every time i wanted to push my system a little more.

A little intro to Intel OC'ing and I'll change it. It has to basically work the same....I'll see what I can do. I would really like to make this useful for everyone.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD

I see that i missing a fundamental element... the naked chick....

beh? am i missing something here...

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

beh? am i missing something here...

Look at the main screen of the program you suggested.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD

Look at the main screen of the program you suggested.

Oh yes...i must be going blind...at first i thought it was just some cool smokey kind of artwork..

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I can't see the naked chick? 403 Error: I do not have permission to access on this server

1 - 20 of 69 Posts