Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i switched form an asus to the 250 gb... i cant find were i can change the core voltage.. i raise the fsb but i cant change the voltage ... ne tips on how do get a nice high oc plz tell

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah....just had this problem few hours ago...Zues helped me... in his words

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus

I know what you mean. The first time I saw the options, i thought to myself... ***?!?

The VID Control set the base vCore. The Special Control increases the base core by a pecentage. For example, a VID Control (base vCore) of 1.5v and a Special Control of 110% equals to 1.5v x 110% which gives a vCore settings of 1.65v.

If anyone else can explain it better, please do.

ohh yeah, this is in the Genie bios
its not actaully that hard after, i got used to it with my handy-dandy calculater

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

yeah....just had this problem few hours ago...Zues helped me... in his words

ohh yeah, this is in the Genie bios
its not actaully that hard after, i got used to it with my handy-dandy calculater

dont get it all that much wats the formula i gotta do to see wat the voltage is gonna be?

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by illusion34

dont get it all that much wats the formula i gotta do to see wat the voltage is gonna be?

what do i have to do to get to 2.5 ghz (stock 2.2)

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
the first voltage times the next option.

EX: 1.5x104%(1.04)=1.56

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

the first voltage times the next option.

EX: 1.5x104%(1.04)=1.56

rolf im at 1.5X113% which is bout 1.7v but what temps and wat volatages should i nnot go near?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, under 50, 55, around there.....and dont have the voltage too high, 1.7 is overkill unless your OCed alot...

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

k im at 2.5 ghz at 1.6 v amd my temps are between 38-39.....can i reach 2.6?

what voltage do u reccomend for 2.5-2.6 and how do i test stability

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
i think so, but i doubt it, ive had super luck with the 3200 i just got, but alot of 3200s around here are limited at 2.6, so u might get there...hopefully.

the voltage you have is pretty good, right now im running 1.6v with it at 2.55ghz

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
2.6 will need about 1.7V. Is that temp ur idle or load?

and the attachement.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

i think so, but i doubt it, ive had super luck with the 3200 i just got, but alot of 3200s around here are limited at 2.6, so u might get there...hopefully.

k but wat voltage do u recommend?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

check out this site

and the attachement.

man, i wish i had that earlier!

read the rest of the other post for recommended voltage, i edited

but like i said, i have mine on 1.6 at 2.55ghz

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

To test for stability, run a program like Prime95 or [email protected] or a game for awhile, and if nothing crashes and you don't get too high of temps it's stable.

Here is the thread I was trying to post earlier, you should read it.
http://www.overclock.net/showthread....party+problems

can someone tell me a detailed way i can change my ram timings like under wat tabs and all thta and what should i change it 2?

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

can someone tell me a detailed way i can change my ram timings like under wat tabs and all thta and what should i change it 2?

and wat temps should i be gettin with a tt silent tower at stock temps? im like a 37-38 is tht good or not really

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Those temperatures, are they your idle or load temps. 'Cause it's the load temps that you have to worry about. Load is defined as having the usage of your CPU near 100% for an extended period of time. Most new games, [email protected], Prime 95 can all be used to load up your computer. While loaded, check your temps and get back to us. On the RAM timings, there is a guide around here somewhere (apologies, I have 33.3K internet so I'm not gonna do the searching for you) and attached is a picture of the page in bios where your timings are located. BTW, also in your manual (located on the motherboard driver CD) there is a description for what every setting is.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

i switched form an asus to the 250 gb... i cant find were i can change the core voltage.. i raise the fsb but i cant change the voltage ... ne tips on how do get a nice high oc plz tell
is that the same board a yiffy's ? , ne how its a kiler ne way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts