Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 2698 Posts

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chip 1:

10900k ES, retail stepping 5, Q0. Board: Asus Maximus 12 Extreme, 2x16 GB dual rank Gskill 3200 mhz CL14 @ 1T
Absolute minimum die-sense load voltages required to pass Prime95 small FFT AVX disabled and Realbench 2.56/AIDA64 "Stress FPU"

Note reducing ring ratio did not improve stability.
*These are LOAD voltages at Vmin, not bios voltages!*

SP Score: 94

4.7 ghz/4.4 ring: 1.021v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
4.8 ghz/4.5 ring: 1.048v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
4.9 ghz/4.6 ring: 1.083v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
5.0 ghz/4.7 ring: 1.128v (VCCIO 1.05v, VCCSA 1.10v is most stable)
5.1 ghz/4.8 ring: 1.172v (Prime95 small FFT no AVX and CB R20, AIDA64 stress FPU tested @ 1.181v load)
5.2 ghz/4.9 ring: 1.235v (Prime small FFT no AVX, CB R20 and Battlefield 5 tested only)
5.3 ghz: Falkentyne visits the Volcano God

(1.320v+ load voltage required to play Battlefield 5 without a CPU Cache L0 error, temps 80C+)

Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO.

Retail chip #2 (bought from newegg): seems the *exact* same (tested the "Instability detected" Load vcore points in AIDA64) up to 5 ghz, 5.1 ghz. Falls off hard at 5.2 ghz. 5.3 ghz needs at least 1.4v LOAD voltage.
(SP score unknown, installed in a Z490 Aorus master).

·
Overclocker in training
12,861 Posts
Hi,
So where are the 10900k benchmark scores posted ?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
im having a terrible time trying to get a 5.1ghz stable on the 10900k. Im @ 1.25v SA and 1.25 VCCIO upto 1.35vcore with LLC @ LVL7 (asus maximus formula) and still cant get past 30secs into aida64 stress test (only cpu, fpu, and cache selected) wth am i doing wrong? Its not temp related... my waterloop is very strong, even has serial d5 pumps and 2 420mm rads in push pull... temps are getting in the 70c range in a 66f room

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
im having a terrible time trying to get a 5.1ghz stable on the 10900k. Im @ 1.25v SA and 1.25 VCCIO upto 1.35vcore with LLC @ LVL7 (asus maximus formula) and still cant get past 30secs into aida64 stress test (only cpu, fpu, and cache selected) wth am i doing wrong? Its not temp related... my waterloop is very strong, even has serial d5 pumps and 2 420mm rads in push pull... temps are getting in the 70c range in a 66f room
Please boot at 5 ghz core, 4.7 ghz cache with SVID=best case scenario and tell me your IDLE VID (not vcore) shown in hwinfo64.
Make sure you have all power saving disabled. (you can also tell me your idle VID at 5.1 ghz, but I'm not sure if the VID will change if ring ratio is x48 or x47, try x48, just to report it there too).
Then I'll see if I can determine anything.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Please boot at 5 ghz core, 4.7 ghz cache with SVID=best case scenario and tell me your IDLE VID (not vcore) shown in hwinfo64.
Make sure you have all power saving disabled. (you can also tell me your idle VID at 5.1 ghz, but I'm not sure if the VID will change if ring ratio is x48 or x47, try x48, just to report it there too).
i sure will, thanks for trying to help me. Ill post up this info in the morning. what all do i have to disable for power saving features? I disabled speed step, however i noticed in cpu-z, if i set a multi higher then 50x cpuz still reports 5ghz as speed even if i have it @ 51x, 52x, etc...

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i sure will, thanks for trying to help me. Ill post up this info in the morning. what all do i have to disable for power saving features? I disabled speed step, however i noticed in cpu-z, if i set a multi higher then 50x cpuz still reports 5ghz as speed even if i have it @ 51x, 52x, etc...
VID is easy to check. (*edit* users only have to set AC/DC loadline to "1" on gigabyte boards. Asus boards have this as default :)

Check VID at x50 core/x47 cache then at x51 core / x48 cache.

the VID should range from 1.175v to 1.250v.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Here you go! I appreciate any and all help sir. Would LOVE to get a 5.1GHz stable OC going..

Attachments

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you go! I appreciate any and all help sir. Would LOVE to get a 5.1GHz stable OC going..
Good morning.
You dont have the VID showing. You hid it in hwinfo. You need to unhide it.

Also you can go into your BIOS and look at the VF curve, or use the VF frequency tool graph or app (if its in ai suite) and tell me the 5 ghz VID there too, for the future.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Good morning.
You dont have the VID showing. You hid it in hwinfo. You need to unhide it.

Also you can go into your BIOS and look at the VF curve, or use the VF frequency tool graph or app (if its in ai suite) and tell me the 5 ghz VID there too, for the future.
going thru the settings in hwinfo to figure out where it is to "SHOW" it... bare with me!

**EDIT** What is it actually called in hwinfo? Im just not seeing it. In that above pic, there is Vcore showing.. is that not what you are looking for?

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
going thru the settings in hwinfo to figure out where it is to "SHOW" it... bare with me!
Fastest way is to click 'restore layout' or 'restore order' or something in the settings.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I did exactly what you said, and restored layout... is it showing now?

Attachments

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did exactly what you said, and restored layout... is it showing now?
No.
Try updating your HWinfo to the latest beta version shown on their page.
Also go into the layout in the settings. Do you see "Core #0 VID" and #1 VID and stuff hidden around in there?

·
Linux Lobbyist
296 Posts
@newls1

There's still plenty to scroll down on the last sub-window it's probably there, and all the windows previous and left of the last one are not the ones where the readout would be, close them.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
No.
Try updating your HWinfo to the latest beta version shown on their page.
Also go into the layout in the settings. Do you see "Core #0 VID" and #1 VID and stuff hidden around in there?
okay, let me go look. THANK YOU for all your patience.

@newls1

There's still plenty to scroll down on the last sub-window it's probably there, and all the windows previous and left of the last one are not the ones where the readout would be, close them.
didn't know there was a newer version, ill go do that and the scroll down stuff is useless stuff

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I don't have that option, I swear!! triple checked...

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't have that option, I swear!! triple checked...
Do you have "SVID Support" disabled in your BIOS?

CPU VID should be right above the cpu frequency....it is on mine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Chip 1:
Absolute minimum die-sense load voltages required to pass Prime95 small FFT AVX disabled and Realbench 2.56/AIDA64 "Stress FPU"

How long did you run each of the tests for?

Asking for a friend. :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Do you have "SVID Support" disabled in your BIOS?

CPU VID should be right above the cpu frequency....it is on mine.
SVID is enabled in bios. Only VID options I have are already showing.. Maybe update to this BETA version??

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SVID is enabled in bios. Only VID options I have are already showing.. Maybe update to this BETA version??
You didn't update it? It only takes like 20 seconds.
If that doesn't work, in the VF editor in your BIOS, tell me the VID at 5.1 ghz.

1 - 20 of 2698 Posts