Overclock.net banner

2641 - 2660 of 2704 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
@Falkentyne
dude. gpu affects aida on read and latency. wtfish

i am using an old 780 atm (all 2080ti sold just before price slash.. brand new evga/zotac 2080ti here are usd 499 lol)
I noticed this also. Different driver versions effect latency. I noticed using the drivers that Windows installs as default added latency over updating to newer drivers. This on Nvidia cards I didn't see a difference on AMD cards.

I know most people update all drivers but if someone is in a hurry and just runs default drivers to get some quick benchmarks in it could effect things and they might not even think of it.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,334 Posts
I noticed this also. Different driver versions effect latency. I noticed using the drivers that Windows installs as default added latency over updating to newer drivers. This on Nvidia cards I didn't see a difference on AMD cards.

I know most people update all drivers but if someone is in a hurry and just runs default drivers to get some quick benchmarks in it could effect things and they might not even think of it.
went back to bios 098 on m12e. problem solved

in 0606 using gtx780 (no drivers installed btw on this Os for gpu)
lost 1k read and latency aida add 2ns
changed nvme from cpu pcie to pch
loss another 1k and latency add 1ns

went back to 098. all good. biz as usual. no diff on gpu. no diff pch vs dimm m.2 cpu pcie. tested with default txp/ppd auto

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,334 Posts

sp63 btw. full on rog.

ordered F4-4266C17-32GTRGB
i am guessing i am one of the first with this dual rank .. going royal gold with dis.. will also check whats the diff with formula vs extreme. (should be the same)

but i think being lucky on 4k kit.. aint gonna happen anymore since gskill binning higher clocks already

these are the new rams daisy binned

F4-4266C19D-16GTRS
F4-4266C17D-16GTRSB
F4-4266C16D-16GTRS
F4-4266C17D-32GTRSB
F4-4400C18D-16GTRS
F4-4400C17D-16GTRS
F4-4400C16D-16GTRS
F4-4600C18D-16GTRS
F4-4800C18D-16GTRS

F4-4266C19D-16GTRG
F4-4266C17D-32GTRGB
F4-4400C18D-16GTRG
F4-4600C18D-16GTRG
F4-4800C18D-16GTRG

·
Registered
5 Posts
@LostVector Actually overclocking has gotten much easier since Z170. The reason you are disappointed is because you cheaped out on the hardware. Not only did you get a 10850k, but you got a motherboard with a 12 phase VRM. The 10900k likes 16 phases. If you want to save money AND have fun overclocking, get what I have: 10700k ($409) and MSI Z490 Unify ($299).
Well this just got a lot more complicated. I just got a WHEA CPU Cache L0 error at stock settings. Is this definitely the CPU? Or could it be RAM related (XMP is off)?

EDIT: Never mind, I realized I was testing a bit of an undervolt at stock frequency. Still experimenting.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sorry to hear the lack of luck with the direct die mount. Where did you end up making contact with the caps? Near one of the corners or closer to the middle? I think you commented on my Optimus block post on r/watercooling. I was hoping to ultimately try direct die with the Optimus block once I actually found a decent cpu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
the magnitude block has a very wide bulky frame and it contacts the entire inner row of caps on the left of the socket when trying to direct die with it. It just barely clears the caps with the IHS alone.

from what I’ve seen. Optimus blocks have a smaller footprint and completely clear the caps and don’t even sit over them. so you should be fine with the caps. But please let me know how the optimus block cools tho when you direct die. I heard that the signature one is better for direct die but I’m curious about the foundation.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
12,890 Posts
the magnitude block has a very wide bulky frame and it contacts the entire inner row of caps on the left of the socket when trying to direct die with it. It just barely clears the caps with the IHS alone.

from what I’ve seen. Optimus blocks have a smaller footprint and completely clear the caps and don’t even sit over them. so you should be fine with the caps. But please let me know how the optimus block cools tho when you direct die. I heard that the signature one is better for direct die but I’m curious about the foundation.
View attachment 2458761
Hi,
Foundation on z490 apex just clears caps
EK 3D frame distance looks to be the difference not over all cold plate...
SigV2 has more bow on the cold plate that's why it was recommended for direct die rather than foundation it would have more reach past the die frame.

I might add I have not mounted the ek magnitude yet because the one I have is for 2066 not 1200 socket and the mounting holes do not lineup properly so it would have to be modded to lineup for 1200 socket.

Either optimus Intel blocks will work on both sockets 1200... or 2066 with no issues :cool:

Foundation on z490 apex clearing  caps on left side.jpg

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,334 Posts
No Apex board this time either...? That Asus AIO cooler is not the best though.
Good enough for 5.1ghz small fft prime95 avx off on sp63.. tested a few.

no apex here officially. Need to buy from sg.
This rig actually sponsered for my bro who turned 40 . He is deaf btw. He loves rog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,
I believe I was a bit unlucky with my 10900k, but wanted to ask if anyone has suggestions of what to try next... Mobo is a Maximus XII Hero

The cpu is a SP63 which doesn't seem to do over 5.1 (ring 4.8) on all cores no matter what. It is currently stable with 1.36 vcore LL6 (1.261 under load) running Prime95 small FFTs (AVX disabled). Temps get to a scary 96C (CPU package) with a Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 (stock fans exhausting heat from the top). The case has really decent ventilation (O11 XL with 6 intakes fans at bottom and side).

It doesn't do 5.2 no matter what, can't complete Cinebench no much voltage you throw at it...

Thank you all

·
Registered
309 Posts
The cpu is a SP63 which doesn't seem to do over 5.1 (ring 4.8) on all cores no matter what. It is currently stable with 1.36 vcore LL6 (1.261 under load) running Prime95 small FFTs (AVX disabled). Temps get to a scary 96C (CPU package) with a Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 (stock fans exhausting heat from the top). The case has really decent ventilation (O11 XL with 6 intakes fans at bottom and side).
I have a SP63 chip and same cooler as you, and 5.1 with HT on is max for me aswell. It can do 5.2 HT off though (and alot of vcore...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a SP63 chip and same cooler as you, and 5.1 with HT on is max for me aswell. It can do 5.2 HT off though (and alot of vcore...)
Thanks a lot for your message mate. What temps do you get at 5.1 running prime95 small FFTs? I think the cooler can't put up with this much heat (CPU is pulling 235W) and the room is a bit hot...

What did you settle for daily usage?

Thanks again

·
Facepalm
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,656
Hi all,
I believe I was a bit unlucky with my 10900k, but wanted to ask if anyone has suggestions of what to try next... Mobo is a Maximus XII Hero

It doesn't do 5.2 no matter what, can't complete Cinebench no much voltage you throw at it...

Thank you all
Shouldn't be 96C, I think. I got 87C doing 5.2 at 1.360v set and LLC6 for 1.252 load in small FFT without AVX, but my LFII 360 is intake top with 3x3000 rpm noctua ippc fans.
Intake also greatly lowered RAM temps.

Very surprised you can't complete cinebench at 5.2 though. Try 1.430v bios set? Even my crappy retail chip can do CB with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shouldn't be 96C, I think. I got 87C doing 5.2 at 1.360v set and LLC6 for 1.252 load in small FFT without AVX, but my LFII 360 is intake top with 3x3000 rpm noctua ippc fans.
Intake also greatly lowered RAM temps.

Very surprised you can't complete cinebench at 5.2 though. Try 1.430v bios set? Even my crappy retail chip can do CB with that.
Thanks for your reply mate.

I will try, but if it's hitting 96C at 1.36 you can imagine how it will be at 1.43? EDIT: tried it at 1.43, CN quits 3 seconds after the test starts..

The fact that my room is really warm (around 30C) is not helping at all, but this is how bad it looks:

IMG_8918 2.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
What did you settle for daily usage?
Your chip is slightly better than mine. My chip at v/f point 5.1 is 1.369v, and that is with stock ring speed, so it gets too hot to be completely stable with X48 ring. I run either 5.0/4.8 with HT on, or 5.2/4.8 with HT off. I can run 5.1/4.8 with HT on, but then I have to set Long duration powerlimit to 250W in BIOS, and that makes the CPU throttle under stresstest but not in games. (throttle because of the power limit)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your chip is slightly better than mine. My chip at v/f point 5.1 is 1.369v, and that is with stock ring speed, so it gets too hot to be completely stable with X48 ring. I run either 5.0/4.8 with HT on, or 5.2/4.8 with HT off. I can run 5.1/4.8 with HT on, but then I have to set Long duration powerlimit to 250W in BIOS, and that makes the CPU throttle under stresstest but not in games. (throttle because of the power limit)
Thanks, that is insightful. To be fair, I might settle on 5.0/4.8 for daily use as well and lower the vcore a bit... What vcore/ LLC do you require on yours for that? Thanks again

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks, that is insightful. To be fair, I might settle on 5.0/4.8 for daily use as well and lower the vcore a bit... What vcore/ LLC do you require on yours for that? Thanks again
The long duration cooling capacity of the Liquid Freezer II 360 is about 250W at ~25C ambient according to my testing. At 5.0/4.8 I set 1.32 vcore with LLC6 in BIOS. In Prime95 80k/112k FFT, that means 1.217 VMIN (minimum vcore, but usually i bit higher)

2641 - 2660 of 2704 Posts