Overclock.net banner

3121 - 3140 of 3735 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
got a mechanism for enforcing a temp threshold (AI Features/temp regulator)
this only works with ai oc right... ??
no, works regardless, set the temp and enable regulation

got a mechanism for rejecting a freq that would incur high current/ volt (VMax Stress)
oh i thought this was anything above 5.3 the max vid on of 10900k.. care to explain bro...
specifics may vary but enabling it, say at a certain point of time, the processor was supposed to run to 51x with 1.49v but with the current draw it sees, it calculates that this would be over it's "vmax stress threshold" and therefore declines to go up to 51x and goes to 50x instead with a lower vid. the numbers are just for illustration.

·
Overclocker
726 Posts
People who buy the10850k and 10700k are likely to buy a motherboard that costs less than the CPU, but 10900k buyers obviously want the best and are often willing to spend $500+ on the board. This may skew the tribal knowledge of what the 10850k is capable of. Fidelgodev’s Asrock board is more likely to be paired with a 10850k yet he is running a 10900k.

MSI Unify is the best bang for buck if you are on a budget because it is $300 yet has 16 90-amp smart power stages like the Maximus 12 Extreme.

Intel could also be binning 10850k and 10900k completely at random, which wouldn’t surprise me based on some of the recent 10900k results.
Realize this is an old post but I thought I would share my results with a high end mobo in case anyone was interested. I bought a 10850k with an Aorus Z490 Extreme mobo. When I bought about a month or so ago 10900k was not available at retail prices. Didn't mind the lower binned 10850k since its just a placeholder until Rocket Lake where I will bin, delid, and run direct die.

Currently running on a Corsair H150 elite AIO I am stable at 5.2ghz all core @ 1.29v on the VOUT sensor. LLC set to extreme, 1.32v in the bios. 4133mhz TZ 32gb c19 mem running XMP w/SA and VCCIO set to 1.25v. Uncore is stock, have not dialed it in yet. P95 small FFT no AVX stable for 30 mins with the hottest core peaking at 98C. No crashing threads, no cache errors, no freezes, no bsod.

It seems this chip isn't far off from an average 10900k based on what I'm seeing in this thread.

This will be going under water soon, going to try for 5.3ghz with an Optimus foundation block. Picking up a ftw3 3090 this weekend and waiting on the optimus block to ship before I can do this. Will also dial in uncore and OC the mem further. May have to go to a cooler stress test like real bench to make it happen.

• Rep+
Reactions: SoldierRBT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why does my Vmin drop suddenly while running prime95, with a corresponding huge jump in CPU temp? I have a Vcore of 1.36 for example, and I put it under load with LLC 6 and it drops to a Vmin of 1.305... that will stay stable with temps around 70 to 75C for a seven minutes or so, and then it drops down to 1.261 volts and my CPU hits the high nineties almost immediately afterwards and starts throttling. My fan speeds are all constant.

Please help. I know I am new here but I am doing my best to learn this stuff without destroying my computer. :(

Also apparently my chip sucks, has a V/F jump of 166mv between 5.1 and 5.2GHz.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Why does my Vmin drop suddenly while running prime95
Firstly do not run Prime95 with AVX enabled in the program. You can turn it off. Secondly vcore is supposed to drop down when you run Prime95 with LLC6 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, I have AVX disabled. And yes, vcore drops (and stays stable at that new vmin for seven minutes or so), but then the problem is that after it has dropped and stabilized, it drops again (despite no more additional load on the CPU as far as I can tell, cores are all running at 5.0GHz and the memory usage remains constant at around 96%). When it drops the second time, and it is a sudden drop, the CPU immediately starts overheating drastically. Which is strange, because there is less voltage according to HWinfo.

I will add, I have played around with the step time in Prime95, shortening from the default 6 mins down to 2 mins. The voltage-drop/heat spike problem occurs at around 8 minutes in, regardless...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi, I just got new toy to play i9 10900k and Asus Hero XII. CPU is SP 86 which is not bat at all. At the moment it is on test bench with crap memory 2x4GB and I'm just testing manual OC. So far I was able to pass 5/4.7 @1.28L4 bios which gives 1.154V load and 5.2/4.9 @1.31L4 bios which gives me 1.217V load. On those voltages I was able to do Prime 95 non AVX 2 hours, C20 looping for 30min, blender all 6 scenes and AIDA CPU FPU 1 hour but Realbench 2.56 is not passing. What is strange Realbench is reporting blender instability halted but it still keeps going. I've tried upping volatage for 5.2 to 1.254v but still the same error. From my previsous experience if Realbench detected instability it will stop by itself but in this case is still keep going. I'm not sure is it something wrong with Realbench or what. Please have in mind C drive was not clean install but from older Z390/9900K system. Is there something else what I can use for AVX test except Prime95 or games (as it is on bench with crap memory). Thanks
For OC using VF points do I need to find stable lowest OC voltage for all points and then manual adjust them or what?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,929 Posts
Hi, I just got new toy to play i9 10900k and Asus Hero XII. CPU is SP 86 which is not bat at all. At the moment it is on test bench with crap memory 2x4GB and I'm just testing manual OC. So far I was able to pass 5/4.7 @1.28L4 bios which gives 1.154V load and 5.2/4.9 @1.31L4 bios which gives me 1.217V load. On those voltages I was able to do Prime 95 non AVX 2 hours, C20 looping for 30min, blender all 6 scenes and AIDA CPU FPU 1 hour but Realbench 2.56 is not passing. What is strange Realbench is reporting blender instability halted but it still keeps going. From my previsous experience if Realbench detected instability it will stop by itself but in this case is still keep going. I'm not sure is it something wrong with Realbench or what. Please have in mind C drive was not clean install but from older Z390/9900K system. Is there something else what I can use for AVX test except Prime95 or games (as it is on bench with crap memory). Thanks
For OC using VF points do I need to find stable lowest OC voltage for all points and then manual adjust them or what?
Yes, that is the best way to do it. You can limit the frequency in steps and adjust the VF offsets while running stress tests. Easiest way to do that is through AISuite, which exposes the VF settings in Windows. You can limit the maximum processor speed through AiSuite or through windows power management. Then apply the offsets in the BIOS when done.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, that is the best way to do it. You can limit the frequency in steps and adjust the VF offsets while running stress tests. Easiest way to do that is through AISuite, which exposes the VF settings in Windows. You can limit the maximum processor speed through AiSuite or through windows power management. Then apply the offsets in the BIOS when done.
When you say I can limit frequency in step, how I do that? Using AISuite? And also what latter on will determine CPU speed if I use VF OC? Will for example CPU try to run 5.3GHz and then if it is too hot or too much power/current comsumption then it will drop to 5.2 or 5.1?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,929 Posts
When you say I can limit frequency in step, how I do that? Using AISuite? And also what latter on will determine CPU speed if I use VF OC? Will for example CPU try to run 5.3GHz and then if it is too hot or too much power/current comsumption then it will drop to 5.2 or 5.1?
Yes, in AiSuite you can set the multiplier. You can also, through a registry edit, expose a Windows power plan setting that allows you to set processor frequency limit - this is what I use.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, in AiSuite you can set the multiplier. You can also, through a registry edit, expose a Windows power plan setting that allows you to set processor frequency limit - this is what I use.
OK, thank you. I'll try that but only after I find out why I'm not stable in Realbench as that is my main problem.

Do you know what will be deciding factor on what speed CPU will be working if I use VF points?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,929 Posts
You should be able to attain the same speed as manual overclock. One thing to be aware of with VF overclocking: Once you go beyond the maximum turbo muliplier, VF8 follows your maximum muliplier. In this case, thie mutipliers between VF7 and VF8 are interpolated and the resulting voltage for them will be lower as you increaser the maximum multiplier. This could lead to instability, so you may have to raise either the Vf7 or VF8 offset, or both.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You should be able to attain the same speed as manual overclock. One thing to be aware of with VF overclocking: Once you go beyond the maximum turbo muliplier, VF8 follows your maximum muliplier. In this case, thie mutipliers between VF7 and VF8 are interpolated and the resulting voltage for them will be lower as you increaser the maximum multiplier. This could lead to instability, so you may have to raise either the Vf7 or VF8 offset, or both.
My current VF8 is [email protected] just like VF7 [email protected] Did I understand you correctly, using VF point I can go beyond 5.3GHz?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,929 Posts
My current VF8 is [email protected] just like VF7 [email protected] Did I understand you correctly, using VF point I can go beyond 5.3GHz?
you can go to whatever multiplier you want, though it may not be stable. What I meant was that if you bumped your multiplier from 53 to 54, VF8 voltage would be applied to 5.4 GHz insteasd of 5.3 GHz.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered a direct die frame from rockit cool 2 weeks ago, unfortunately its lost in mail. The owner said he would ship me another on Monday, which he never did and now isn't answering my emails.

Does anyone have a link to the direct die cpu block? I thought it was on facebook, im just having trouble finding it. Are there any other direct die kits or blocks that work on 10th gen?
Thanks

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,929 Posts
Did anyone noticed with latest CPU-z 1.94 CPU voltage read is incorrect? In my case it is showing 0.1V less. But with version 1.93 or 1.92 I do not have that problem.
Nope. Spot on for me for 1.94 (rog edition)

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is very interesting, I've downloaded all v1.94 and I've problem only with standard and ROG version. But all other versions are working OK. Reason why I've problem with standard and ROG as they are v1.94.8 and all other are v1.94.0. Can you please report what version you are running?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,929 Posts
This is very interesting, I've downloaded all v1.94 and I've problem only with standard and ROG version. But all other versions are working OK. Reason why I've problem with standard and ROG as they are v1.94.8 and all other are v1.94.0. Can you please report what version you are running?
My rog version is 1.94.0. I got it from here:

3121 - 3140 of 3735 Posts