Overclock.net banner

3181 - 3200 of 3295 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
14,001 Posts
Yes, runned LLC6 for a while, but LLC 8 just works :D

If the cpu is degrading or dies, I'll keep you guys updated :p

People tend to say many things about "high" "voltage" and stuff, without having some proof that it being harmfull. If 1.4-1.45v on the cpu and 1.55-1.6 VCCSA and 1.4VCCIO is harmful for the cpu, My cpu's should be dead long time ago. Same as the 8700k and 9900k.
Love to see it

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Love to see it
This?
Not the best efficiency, but it's the daily OS with no tweaks for Cinebench used.
10900k 5600mhz CB 20 4700mem.png

• Rep+
Reactions: ThrashZone

·
Overclocker in training
14,001 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
14,001 Posts
New version of Cinebench out?
Hi,
Yep

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,748 Posts
Asus default is 300kHz, right?
What is the benefit using 500?
Higher switching frequency yields better transient response (responds more quickly to voltage change requests) and lower output voltage ripple so can lead to better stability.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can someone running 0901 TVB BIOS on ASUS boards and manual OC test something for me. I've 52/49 manual OC, with AVX 0 offset. When I use only memory bench (not cache) in AIDA or if I use TM5 my frequency is not 5.2GHz but it goes from 4.9GHz to 5.2GHz. Using Prime AVX/non AVX, Kahru RAM, GSAT, Realbench or blender it always stay on 5.2GHz. Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you for quick and very helpful response. Yes, I've disabled speed shift. You have saved me a lots of unnecessary testing.

This is not affecting performance, or maybe I should enable speed shift?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was under impression that, due to comment of other people, regarding C-states and speed shift that is maybe better to disable it. But I'll enable it. Thank you

·
Registered
554 Posts
speed shift is meant to improve perf, not deprove, what is the rationale behind disabling it?
Disabling C-states, speed shift and those settings is done for the sake of lower latency.

I tested this with the LatencyMon program in Windows :
Power saving stuff On = Average latency 6.88
Power saving stuff Off = Average latency 1.63 (Hyper Threading Off too, which saved me 0.5)

3181 - 3200 of 3295 Posts