138 Posts
cstates yes, but not speed shift
it is meant to reduce latency and not increase it
ie, pstate manged by s/w or hw
enabled= hw= fast to react and knows when go P0

·
Registered
134 Posts
What about SpeedStep, enabled or disabled?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i lose turbo mode if speedstep disabled on the bios im testing,
just leave it alone, the notion of oc working well with speedstep dis is ancient, before even the time of bloomfield, when turbo mode was making it's debut.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You are right of course. If you ask me, c-states is a feature that is more suited for laptops. But in order to use the new OCTVB feature, we need c-states as you said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!
First time here.
I have a 10850k
asus strix z490-e
Crucial Ballistix Black 32GB DDR4-3200MHz (BL2K16G32C16U4B)
I am triying to OC it to 5-5.1ghz stable.
I ll earn anything for gaming or not?
I have Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 for cooling.
Cpu sp 57 from motherboad...
Is there any good guide for me please?
If i oc the ram to 3600 is it better for gaming?

·
Overclocker in training
14,028 Posts
Hi,
Don't believe you have to switch anything off auto
Should be fine just activating c-states and the bios should know what to do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
But if I want to disable cstates?

·
Overclocker in training
14,028 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,749 Posts
\Either Windows controls P-states (speedstep) or delegates it to the processor (speedshift - aka "autonomous mode" in Windows).

Yet I am not sure if Windows will pick autonomous mode by default if you have speedstep and speedshift enabled, since I have both enabled in BIOS but explicitly enable autonoumous mode in windows (you can explicitly enable or disable autonomous mode in windows power management). If you do have both enabled in BIOS and explicitly disable atonomous mode in Windows, Windows will use speedstep instead. If you have speedstep disabled and speedshift enabled, Windows should enable autonomous mode.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,
Then you haven't been following the recent posts :)
Are you referring to use of TVB? As at the moment I'm not using it and only manual OC. But if not, can you point me in right direction? Thanks

\Either Windows controls P-states (speedstep) or delegates it to the processor (speedshift - aka "autonomous mode" in Windows).

Yet I am not sure if Windows will pick autonomous mode by default if you have speedstep and speedshift enabled, since I have both enabled in BIOS but explicitly enable autonoumous mode in windows (you can explicitly enable or disable autonomous mode in windows power management). If you do have both enabled in BIOS and explicitly disable atonomous mode in Windows, Windows will use speedstep instead. If you have speedstep disabled and speedshift enabled, Windows should enable autonomous mode.
I'll then also enable autonomous mode in windows. Thanks

·
Overclocker in training
14,028 Posts
Are you referring to use of TVB? As at the moment I'm not using it and only manual OC. But if not, can you point me in right direction? Thanks

I'll then also enable autonomous mode in windows. Thanks
Hi,
Posts started up over the newest beta bios and features in it couple pages back
Start from this post

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,749 Posts
Hi,
Start from this post
Or more directly here:

Z490 New bios with new feature OCTVB

and also latest Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility supports VF curves and OCTVB settings

• Rep+
Reactions: bigfootnz

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,
Start from this post
OK, I know about those posts. But at the moment I'm running just manual OC and I’m getting info what I should disable and what not.

As you can see shamino said that I should disable cstates for lower latency but not other two. So, I think that I didn't miss anything as those posts are for OCTVB what I'm not using at the moment.
Or more directly here:

Z490 New bios with new feature OCTVB

and also latest Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility supports VF curves and OCTVB settings
I didn't have time to go over those pages but I'll do it when I find time. Thanks

·
Overclocker in training
14,028 Posts
OK, I know about those posts. But at the moment I'm running just manual OC and I’m getting info what I should disable and what not.

As you can see shamino said that I should disable cstates for lower latency but not other two. So, I think that I didn't miss anything as those posts are for OCTVB what I'm not using at the moment.

I didn't have time to go over those pages but I'll do it when I find time. Thanks
Hi,
Think we all should check out these new features eventually :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes for sure. But I want to do manual OC first so I know my CPU limits and then will do these smart and new features. Thanks

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,749 Posts
Yes for sure. But I want to do manual OC first so I know my CPU limits and then will do these smart and new features. Thanks
quoted for wise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
why not just do it right and get the new 10th gen kit? i got one and it works perfectly.
I used my 6 gen delid tool from rockit cool as long as it sits down in the delid pocket works fine some of the older ones were shallower according to rockit cool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi...

The V/F curve and SP prediction could change with time?
After a F5 (load Default) I never wait for asus training...
Is there a procedure for V/F curve or it come from inside the CPU?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,749 Posts
Hi...

The V/F curve and SP prediction could change with time?
After a F5 (load Default) I never wait for asus training...
Is there a procedure for V/F curve or it come from inside the CPU?
The VF curve is Intel and won't change - it is a property of the chip. The voltages are fixed. The assignment of VF1-Vf7 and their offsets to multipliers will not change. VF8 voltage and offset are always assigned to the maximum multiplier if that multiplier is above the turbo multiplier, so if you change the maximum multiplier VF8 will follow it.

PPL have reported SP change. I believe this is an Asus thing and may change with BIOS. Maybe someone can correct me here.

You can tune the offsets by limiting the maximum frequency in windows power management or through a tool like Asus AIsuite or Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. Limit the frquency to each frequency on the VF curve and test for stability while varying the offsets.

• Rep+
Reactions: RobertoSampaio
3201 - 3220 of 3304 Posts