Overclock.net banner

3281 - 3300 of 3630 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
@shamino1978

ok i tested the octvb insanely for gaming all core. bro. u da genius in ocing.

aslong a person has a decent 10900k with rog mobo. ocing now easy

its just insane easy

test your cooling with prime small fft see how far u can use syn all core 53 and below
leave everything auto.

test at stock to get your ram stable

now
octvb
set a higher cpu clock +1 to +2 on sync all core
octv set all one by one either
for +2 higher core clock
temp A 70, offset 2temp B auto
or
Temp A 70, offset 1 temp B 80
for +1 higher core cmock
temp A 70, offset 1 temp B auto

game.

then bump cache to a level where minecraft, ghostrunner shows no whea error in hwinfo

done.

idle 0.79w , 1amp
gaming full +2 -+1 higher.. it not package temp and only that cpu cores etc.

I agree... It's easy and work very well!
i9-10900kf - SP86
Adptive Votage = 1.440V - (1.245V [email protected] under load)
VCCIO = 1.080V
VCCSA = 1.130V
DRAM = 1.360V ([email protected])

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This all looks very impressive
Is there an easy to follow step by step tutorial all in one place?
Can I extend/alter my current fixed overclock?

On another note:
I figured out basically what the problem with my cooling loop is and I expect a few people have the same issue and blame it on a faulty pump or restrictions in the elbows etc

When I had the GPU waterblock in the loop in parallel with the CPU waterblock there was almost no flow restriction in the loop and that is why the pump purged the air through the radiators so easily
Now with the restriction of the CPU block and no way for the coolant to bypass it the flow is slowed right down and there is a big airlock in the front, vertical radiator
When I enter the BIOS and turn the pump to full speed air bubbles pass through the pump and lower the level in the reservoir proving there is still a large mass of air trapped
I thought about fitting a bypass pipe with a valve to increase the flow and make it easy to purge the radiators and just shut it off after purging :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
munternet,

I think Vertical radiator is not a good idea anyway. I have an AIO corsair 115i and is better the pump stay below the radiator. For custom loop you can see the air bubbles... AIOs not...

By the way, I did the memory overclock using the guide you indicated to me. Tx !

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
Hi,
Better for corsair seeing aio has 5 year warranty if it dies early you get a new one after usually 30-36 months :)

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
There is a new 1002 ASUS maximus XII BIOS, but no change log in asus website...
Do you know what changed from 0901 ?
Hi,
Probably mistake released not sure why all beta versions haven't been released like that now lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello, good morning. I would like to know your opinion about this motherboard ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING, because around here everybody (or almost everybody) has a Maximus XII, but I don't see that they have a lower range. Thank you!

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
Hello, good morning. I would like to know your opinion about this motherboard ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING, because around here everybody (or almost everybody) has a Maximus XII, but I don't see that they have a lower range. Thank you!
Hi,
I'd avoid strix and if on a budget just go for the hero.

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
But the Hero is worth 100 euros more (or more), and it's also 14 + 2 phases just like the Strix. I don't know if it's worth paying the difference.
Hi,
Hero has better Ethernet options and raid, looks like both have wifi and bios flash back
Intel Ethernet sucks I haven't had any issues on my apex with it though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,
Hero has better Ethernet options and raid, looks like both have wifi and bios flash back
Intel Ethernet sucks I haven't had any issues on my apex with it though.
I find very few differences that convince me to buy the Hero. These days I have seen that on Amazon.fr it has been for the 280 euros, so it is worth buying the Strix. Thank you!

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
Hi,
Yeah hero is better well worth 100 extra for just enthernet/ clear cmos and usb port options

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
For me it doesn't justify what you're telling me about the USB, the Clear CMOS button and the network card; the Strix network card is 2.5Gbps (where I live it only reaches 100 Mb). Thank you!
Hi,
I'd personally download the web pdf and read up on any board I was interested in before buying :)

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,075 Posts
ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME BIOS 1002 beta
Offer a Re-size BAR Support option to enhance GPU performance.

·
Registered
498 Posts
And what is it? Could you explain ?
I think not sure ,its the nvidia that promised to lunch similar enhancment like AMD 6000 series gpus that is called smart access memory so the cpu can use the graphic card memory to process game data faster through pci express 4 bandwidth please correct me if iam wrong, so Nvidia promised to lunch it on both amd and intel systems.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My results before and after delidding using rocketcool delidding and direct die kit.with custom water loop, ek quantum velocity block and 420 radiator ,vcore bios 1.28 volt LLC 7 load 1.254 volts ,5.3 is fully stable too but need 1.35 vcore bios and 1.305 load voltage. I dont know why cpuz on Z490 formula is not showing vcore properly bios using die sense though.

3281 - 3300 of 3630 Posts