Overclock.net banner

3581 - 3600 of 3744 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello, good afternoon. I wanted to ask if any of you who live in the EU have bought RockitCool delid tools. I would like to know if it has tariffs when arriving to our countries. I am interested in buying it, because they have the socket to put the block completely flat to the processor, and I can't find another company that has this feature.

·
Registered
99 Posts
[QUOTE = "Robertomcat, publicación: 28723078, miembro: 639016"]
Hola, buenas tardes. Quería preguntarles si alguno de ustedes que vive en la UE ha comprado herramientas delid RockitCool. Me gustaría saber si tiene aranceles al llegar a nuestros países. Me interesa comprarlo, porque tienen el zócalo para poner el bloque completamente plano al procesador, y no encuentro otra empresa que tenga esta característica.
[/CITAR]
te lo recomiendo yo lo estoy usando...y me va perfect!

·
Registered
66 Posts
[QUOTE = "Robertomcat, publicación: 28723078, miembro: 639016"]
Hola, buenas tardes. Quería preguntarles si alguno de ustedes que vive en la UE ha comprado herramientas delid RockitCool. Me gustaría saber si tiene aranceles al llegar a nuestros países. Me interesa comprarlo, porque tienen el zócalo para poner el bloque completamente plano al procesador, y no encuentro otra empresa que tenga esta característica.
[/CITAR]
te lo recomiendo yo lo estoy usando...y me va perfect!
But you have bought it from their website without having to pay duties?

·
Registered
130 Posts
But you have bought it from their website without having to pay duties?
I live in Italy and on July 2019 I bought their "Direct to die frame kit complete" for my previous 9th generation CPU (9900K). When it arrived courier was FedEx) I had to pay duties: I don't remember exactly how much it was, I think about 25€ (the total amount of the order shipping included was ~65€).

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live in Italy and on July 2019 I bought their "Direct to die frame kit complete" for my previous 9th generation CPU (9900K). When it arrived courier was FedEx) I had to pay duties: I don't remember exactly how much it was, I think about 25€ (the total amount of the order shipping included was ~65€).
Well, then there are tariffs. In my case I would have to buy the complete kit, because I don't have anyone who can lend me the component that removes the IHS. Then I will have to add $25 more for customs. Thank you!

·
Registered
99 Posts
no problem, if you promise to return it to me!

I send it to you by ordinary mail, I understand that you are in Spain?
what do you need exactly?

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,936 Posts
I disabled speedshift and the problem solved...
Is there a way to "fix" windows speedshift?
I don't understand what you mean. If you disabled speedshift you should enable speedstep in bios if you are running adaptive mode voltage.
Speedshift is better in the sense that it responds more quickly and with less overhead because the processor is making the decissions. On the other hand, with speedstep, Windows makes the decisions on frequency and voltage and tells the processor, and the OS has more information available to make those decisions.

I think the problem is just the way data is collected and reported for speedshift, and there is no real issue with using it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't understand what you mean. If you disabled speedshift you should enable speedstep in bios if you are running adaptive mode voltage.
Speedshift is better in the sense that it responds more quickly and with less overhead because the processor is making the decissions. On the other hand, with speedstep, Windows makes the decisions on frequency and voltage and tells the processor, and the OS has more information available to make those decisions.

I think the problem is just the way data is collected and reported for speedshift, and there is no real issue with using it.
I'm sorry to intrude. Was it you who back then in the Z390 Aorus Owners thread noticed that Speedshift acted weirdly so that you preferred to disable it (= disabling Autonomous mode in Windows Power Plan)? I did that too when I had my Z390 Aorus Master, because it looked to me that voltage dropping in idle or medium-load scenarios was better handled by Speedstep (in my case combined with C3), with more various and more frequent voltage changes (at least according to software -HWInfo- voltage readings). I followed the same path once I upgraded to Z490 XII Extreme with 10900K (left Speedshift disabled amd enabled Speedstep in combination with C3). Do you think there's no downside if I switch to Speedshift? Sorry again for bothering, just curious to know your opinion!

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,936 Posts
I'm sorry to intrude. Was it you who back then in the Z390 Aorus Owners thread noticed that Speedshift acted weirdly so that you preferred to disable it (= disabling Autonomous mode in Windows Power Plan)? I did that too when I had my Z390 Aorus Master, because it looked to me that voltage dropping in idle or medium-load scenarios was better handled by Speedstep (in my case combined with C3), with more various and more frequent voltage changes (at least according to software -HWInfo- voltage readings). I followed the same path once I upgraded to Z490 XII Extreme with 10900K (left Speedshift disabled amd enabled Speedstep in combination with C3). Do you think there's no downside if I switch to Speedshift? Sorry again for bothering, just curious to know your opinion!
Yes it was me. I think it is a monitoring issue. With speedstep, the windows control and the reporting are all within windows, with speedshift, monitoring data must be collected from something that is acting autonomous to Windows.
The vcore reporting looks correct (that was where I saw an issue with Aorus master vrvout). Here it the frequency reporting. But even if it is not a monitoring issue, but the way speedshift allocates cores and frequency, I have convinced myself with data that it must be occuring at very light loads, as I posted earlier. so I am not concerned. I have been, and will continue to run with speedshift enabled.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi 10900K folk, got a couple of questions. Right now in Australia we're getting periodic discounts on the 10900K, 10900KF, and 10900KA (all going for cheaper than a 5800X).

How well does a Noctua NH-D15 perform with the 10900K series?

And I am considering the ASUS Z490 Hero for the motherboard, how does AI Overclocking operate? Does it just overclock all cores? Or does it do 2 cores at 5.3Ghz, 2 cores at 5.1Ghz, the rest at 4.8Ghz, etc?

Is that possible with a Noctua NH-D15? How does single core overclocking work? I have been reading that I should be able to achieve 5.0Ghz all core with a Noctua NH-D15, but is it possible to achieve 5.3Ghz for example on 2 cores only, and 5.1Ghz on 2 other cores, and then leave the rest at 4.8Ghz for example? Would overclocking in that fashion be possible and yield better results in games, etc?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes it was me. I think it is a monitoring issue. With speedstep, the windows control and the reporting are all within windows, with speedshift, monitoring data must be collected from something that is acting autonomous to Windows.
The vcore reporting looks correct (that was where I saw an issue with Aorus master vrvout). Here it the frequency reporting. But even if it is not a monitoring issue, but the way speedshift allocates cores and frequency, I have convinced myself with data that it must be occuring at very light loads, as I posted earlier. so I am not concerned. I have been, and will continue to run with speedshift enabled.
I see, thanks for the explanation!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi 10900K folk, got a couple of questions. Right now in Australia we're getting periodic discounts on the 10900K, 10900KF, and 10900KA (all going for cheaper than a 5800X).

And I am considering the ASUS Z490 Hero for the motherboard, how does AI Overclocking operate? Does it just overclock all cores? Or does it do 2 cores at 5.3Ghz, 2 cores at 5.1Ghz, the rest at 4.8Ghz, etc?

Is that possible with a Noctua NH-D15? How does single core overclocking work? I have been reading that I should be able to achieve 5.0Ghz all core with a Noctua NH-D15, but is it possible to achieve 5.3Ghz for example on 2 cores only, and 5.1Ghz on 2 other cores, and then leave the rest at 4.8Ghz for example? Would overclocking in that fashion be possible and yield better results in games, etc?
I don't know how much silicon quality would play a role in terms of temperatures for, let's say, 5.1 across all 10 cores, but previously I had a Noctua NH-D15 to cool my 10900K, which is an above average chip (Silicon Prediction 88 in ASUS BIOS): I could do 5.1GHz all core 4.8GHz Cache with a good RAM overclock (4400 CL16 with tightened timings and subtimings: fine-tuned RAM overclock does increase your temperatures) reaching ~86 degrees in tests such as P95 Small FFT AVX Disabled, P95 In-place fixed 112K AVX Disabled (Vmin was 1.181V and 1.19V respecticely, I think), and ~83/84 after 1h RealBench 2.56 Stability test or a bunch of CB20 runs.

Also, with your eventual Z490 Hero updated to the most recent BIOS versions you could make use of OCTVB feature, which would allow your CPU to stay at higher frequencies until a (customizable) temperature threshold is reached, a feature really useful for gaming.

·
Registered
137 Posts
(Silicon Prediction 88 in ASUS BIOS)
ASUS Bios has a silicon quality prediction algorithm? :eek: That's awesome.

I could do 5.1GHz all core 4.8GHz Cache with a good RAM overclock (4400 CL16 with tightened timings and subtimings: fine-tuned RAM overclock does increase your temperatures) reaching ~86 degrees in tests such as P95 Small FFT AVX Disabled, P95 In-place fixed 112K AVX Disabled (Vmin was 1.181V and 1.19V respecticely, I think), and ~83/84 after 1h RealBench 2.56 Stability test or a bunch of CB20 runs.
Those temps are acceptable.

Also, with your eventual Z490 Hero updated to the most recent BIOS versions you could make use of OCTVB feature, which would allow your CPU to stay at higher frequencies until a (customizable) temperature threshold is reached, a feature really useful for gaming.
Interesting... So with this feature you could tell the CPU not to clock down until 85 degress is reached for example? Nice.

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,080 Posts
just a dumb inquiry, does buying a 10900k from caseking (binned/tested by Der8auer) guarantee a higher overclock or still depends on how dumb one can really get?? I feel ripped/exasperated on how high the price is and I feel really nothing is guaranteed..

Any opinions on this??

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
just a dumb inquiry, does buying a 10900k from caseking (binned/tested by Der8auer) guarantee a higher overclock or still depends on how dumb one can really get?? I feel ripped/exasperated on how high the price is and I feel really nothing is guaranteed..

Any opinions on this??
if you are able to achieve their cooling performance, and use the same mobo, it should be fine.
you cant directly compared cpuz's reported votlages on different brands z490 mobos.

i guess if your room temp is about 15c, and set tjmax to 115c, you maybe able to keep the i9 (330w 1.225v asus die sense 5.1ghz avx) under 115c by d15(maybe a14 3000rpm are needed).

hicookie has posted a video showing 5.4ghz running non avx prime95 test if i remember it correctly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
if you are able to achieve their cooling performance, and use the same mobo, it should be fine.
you cant directly compared cpuz's reported votlages on different brands z490 mobos.

i guess if your room temp is about 15c, and set tjmax to 115c, you maybe able to keep the i9 (330w 1.225v asus die sense 5.1ghz avx) under 115c by d15(maybe a14 3000rpm are needed).

hicookie has posted a video showing 5.4ghz running non avx prime95 test if i remember it correctly.
I have the memory at 4000 and I would like to push it further, but seeing those values that the people of vccio and vcsa put, I don't know to what extent it is safe! I see people above 4000 with these values at least at 1.4v!

·
hazed is lazed
316 Posts
Sometimes you win the slicon lottery. And go direct die and liquid metal is must. Some chips run cooler and require ledd voltage than others. Like my chip i can run p95 small fft w avx at 5.2 all core, load voltage is 1.225 and its 100% stable max temp is 80c. 5.1 all core is 75c. I have the i9 10900kf direct die with h150i pro, 6 fans in push pull configuration. Bios for 5.2 all core is 1.37 manual vcore, and a llc of 6 I may try 5.3 all core with a voltage of 1.4 around 1.4 and llc6 and ill post back
Most chips can do 5.1 non avx with 1.35 but with a 2 avx offset, and temps are at 83c max now Matter if you direct die or not. All chips are different. Getting a binned chip is not worth it in my opinion just do direct die w liquid metal and lap the die and waterblock on atleast a 360mm rad and ill be all set.

3581 - 3600 of 3744 Posts