Overclock.net banner

3741 - 3760 of 3940 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
other than buying a 5.0 silicone lottery cpu that OCed to 5.1, this is the best cpu lottery I’ve ever somewhat won. I feel your pain. Most of my past cpu have been lower end.
Yeah, I did try to run 5.2GHZ and I was able to boot up, load cinebench but as soon as I start it hits 100 instantly. So deliding may actually get me there.

I tried stopping myself but it's too addictive this OC business 😅

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I got my 10900kF yesterday and here is where I am at. I passed everything in OCCT without errors but Linepak Small froze after 30 min with no errors. What does that likely mean? What tweaks should I do? I have an Aorus Eilte AC MB

1.32v
LLC Auto
5.0 core
4.8 ring

B-die 4000 16-16-38 1.45V 1.25 VCSSA and VCCIO

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I think this looks pretty solid?

1.28V
LLC Auto
50 Core
47 Ring
4000 16-16-16-38 1.45V 1.30 SA/IO (will lower this and test)

I passed 1 hour of Small data set in OCCT and Linpack Extreme. Do all these numbers look ok?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do you know how windows controls CPU cores? Is there any place I can configure it?
I'm using 55x3, 54x5, 53x8, 52x10.
If I do a fresh win_10 install all my cores perform 5,5GZ all the time (speedshift and speedstep enable)...
After I install all asus stuff and programs I use the CPU become slow and occasionally goes to 5,5Gz. The load distribution across the cores became strange.

·
OCCT Stable OCD
10900k/3090
2,275 Posts
Ok, now I've pounded my 5.1Ghz OC with everything, no BSOD, no WHEA error.

But playing Valheim I got this error:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Internal parity error
Processor APIC ID: 16

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Now I've seen it popup in this thread last year, so I did the Jave Minecraft test and it's easily to recreate within the first minute of the game.

So I never did see a definitive answer to what it was.

Like I said I can pass every stress test including prime, but Minecraft will throw this error in under a minunte, Valhelm takes a tad longer.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Now I've seen it popup in this thread last year, so I did the Jave Minecraft test and it's easily to recreate within the first minute of the game.

Like I said I can pass every stress test including prime, but Minecraft will throw this error in under a minunte, Valhelm takes a tad longer.
I can pass all tests too, but playing PlanetSide2 I had this error occasionally.
Rising VCCIO/SA from 1.15/1.20v to 1.20/1.25v the problem was solved.
Try and tell me...

·
OCCT Stable OCD
10900k/3090
2,275 Posts
I can pass all tests too, but playing PlanetSide2 I had this error occasionally.
Rising VCCIO/SA from 1.15/1.20v to 1.20/1.25v the problem was solved.
Try and tell me...
I changed my LLC from 3 to 4 (ROG XII Hero), seemed to stop the errors in Minecraft/Valheim.
Don't get it, thrashed my machine for days with LLC 3 (Prime, OCCT, Realbench), then 1 game can throw errors, well 2, all the latest AAA titles as well as the system strainers worked perfectly.

Ah well, that's the odd nature of Overclocking now isn't it. :D

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,716 Posts
I changed my LLC from 3 to 4 (ROG XII Hero), seemed to stop the errors in Minecraft/Valheim.
Don't get it, thrashed my machine for days with LLC 3 (Prime, OCCT, Realbench), then 1 game can throw errors, well 2, all the latest AAA titles as well as the system strainers worked perfectly.

Ah well, that's the odd nature of Overclocking now isn't it. :D
is yours a KA CPU.

·
Registered
966 Posts

just a thought, have you tested your memory? Down clock your memory or add some volts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Overclocking 10900k to 5.1ghz but when I run Cinebench my clocks drop to 5.0mhz. Thermals are not an issue. Any ideas?

Is there a setting I am missing that could be causing this? Aorus Elite Z490 board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
Overclocking 10900k to 5.1ghz but when I run Cinebench my clocks drop to 5.0mhz. Thermals are not an issue. Any ideas?

Is there a setting I am missing that could be causing this? Aorus Elite Z490 board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you have a AXV offset of 1 set in the bios

·
OCCT Stable OCD
10900k/3090
2,275 Posts
just a thought, have you tested your memory? Down clock your memory or add some volts.
Yeah, I'm not exactly new to this, there's a checklist, memory is one of them, I don't overclock other than the standard XMP, then tweak the settings a little as it is for a daily machine.
Memory passes Memtestpro, Realbench 2.43 (Non AVX) and 2.56, so yeah memory is fine.

I just changed my LLC from 3 to 4 and it stopped, say like it was pointed out before Minecraft Java is hammering the cache harder than anything else (talked about back on page 147).

Played 6 hours of Valheim no WHEA error.

There's a good test for you all, Minecraft Java and Valheim... :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yeah, I'm not exactly new to this, there's a checklist, memory is one of them, I don't overclock other than the standard XMP, then tweak the settings a little as it is for a daily machine.
Memory passes Memtestpro, Realbench 2.43 (Non AVX) and 2.56, so yeah memory is fine.

I just changed my LLC from 3 to 4 and it stopped, say like it was pointed out before Minecraft Java is hammering the cache harder than anything else (talked about back on page 147).

Played 6 hours of Valheim no WHEA error.

There's a good test for you all, Minecraft Java and Valheim... :D
Glad you got it figured out. I find that handbrake will find any flaws in an OC. If you can run handbrake for 6 or 7 hrs more times than not your OC will be golden.

·
Facepalm
9,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,758 ·

To fix internal parity error:

1) Raise LLC (higher LLC stabilizes cache even if vcore transient response is worse and may cause L0's on CPU Core (CPU Cache L0 error isn't really related to the cache ratio at all, it's a famous skylake arch issue with high overclocks with hyperthreading enabled if you're not stable, just like Internal Parity Error is related to high cache ratio issues)

2) Raise CPU Vcore.

3) Reduce cache ratio (this always works)

4) Adjust VCCSA and/or VCCIO (may have a small effect as they affect the cache in different ways)

5) Adjust RAM subtimings and Tertiary timings (I don't know enough about this. I'm a noob and just copy other people's settings. @cstkl1 knows how to fix that)

6) Minecraft: Reduce thread affinity amount, limit Minecraft java's exe to 6 threads in affinity editor/task manager.

7) Don't use Skylake cores arch.

Don't get me started on CPU Cache L0 errors. These are some instability with hyperthreaded cores only when you're not stable. Depending on your stress test, raising VCCIO or VCCSA can either make things better or worse. (prime95 small FFT SSE2 responds very differently than AVX1).

·
OCCT Stable OCD
10900k/3090
2,275 Posts
6) Minecraft: Reduce thread affinity amount, limit Minecraft java's exe to 6 threads in affinity editor/task manager.
This worked for Minecraft, everything else is fine after setting LLC4, played about 6 hours of Vahleim today, no errors.
Minecraft did, but not for at least 30 minutes, when I set the affinity it was fine, not that I play Minecraft anymore, but it was just for testing, my 8yo son usually uses my Java install/account.

Honestly I wouldn't of even known unless I was running HWINFO.

3741 - 3760 of 3940 Posts