Overclock.net banner

4021 - 4040 of 4151 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am thinking about update to 10900 CPU because IMC in 10700 too weak for fast RAM. I can not returning CPU to reroll better SP ranking. So is K at all better chance than KF for OC?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think any SP-63 with a 280mm radiator could do easy 5.1~5.2GHz all cores @ full load, if AC/DC loadline & LLC are tuned correctly.
5.3GHz all cores is not so easy... The problem isn't the temperature, but current and power.
What frequency are you thinking when you talk "better chance for OC"?

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,062 Posts
Hi guys,

Do you know how ASUS "spread spectrum" work?
I saw there are 2 SPSP options, one for BCLK and the other for PCIE.
I did enable and disable them, and can't see any difference.
Do you set them on or off? Why?

Tx
It is not an Asus thing, it is Intel. It is intended to reduce Electromagnetic Interference raiated by a circuit operating agt a fixed frequency (like BCLK = 100 MHz). It is done by varying the frequency over a narrow band. For instance, BCLK will vary slightly from 100 MHz in a randomish fashion, It impact performance and maybe stability slightly., so I lhave it since I don't have any issue with EMI.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think any SP-63 with a 280mm radiator could do easy 5.1~5.2GHz all cores @ full load, if AC/DC loadline & LLC are tuned correctly.
5.3GHz all cores is not so easy... The problem isn't the temperature, but current and power.
What frequency are you thinking when you talk "better chance for OC"?
10700 OK 5.1 so hope more about 5.3 if 10900. The power I do not care about put little bit more and degrade in 2 year. Cooling not have problem use 1540mm direct die. So I am really wondering the K or KF any difference bin or they just checking about graphic? Actually this 10700 not a bad one just his IMC seem not strong enough 4400mhz RAM

·
Registered
251 Posts
It is not an Asus thing, it is Intel. It is intended to reduce Electromagnetic Interference raiated by a circuit operating agt a fixed frequency (like BCLK = 100 MHz). It is done by varying the frequency over a narrow band. For instance, BCLK will vary slightly from 100 MHz in a randomish fashion, It impact performance and maybe stability slightly., so I lhave it since I don't have any issue with EMI.
So keep it disabled?
I'm thinking "AUTO=Disable" in ASUS MBs.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,062 Posts
So keep it disabled?
I'm thinking "AUTO=Disable" in ASUS MBs.
Well yes, I thought I was clear - off.
I think you are right about auto , but I don't like undefined auto settings where there is a basic choice (on or off vs. a tuning like memory parameters). For one you do not know for sure what it means and secondly what it means can change without your knowing between BIOS versions. So I explicitly set it to off.

• Rep+
Reactions: RobertoSampaio

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know why ASUS do this. Should be "ENABLE" or "DISABLE".
VmaxStress and VotageOptimization have the same problem... AUTO=DISABLE.
I think you'r right... could be a value from a memory position.
There are a lot of "AUTO" set in my BIOS... I'll check all one by one...

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,062 Posts
I don't know why ASUS do this. Should be "ENABLE" or "DISABLE".
VmaxStress and VotageOptimization have the same problem... AUTO=DISABLE.
I think you'r right... could be a value from a memory position.
There are a lot of "AUTO" set in my BIOS... I'll check all one by one...
I agree. Not just Asus though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Local Pro!
My present situation - very first time OC. Would you look at my BIOS settings screenshot and correct it please, what to do with CPU OC and in the end about DDR4 Crucial Ballistics opinions will be very welcomed and appreciated:

a) clear some statements like: As Bulldozer said, important is only Voltage under loading!??
For example to set Fixed voltage as 1.4V for 51-52x and then with normal (High) LLC under loading it will drop till 1,28-1,3V and will be still ok for CPU and long life?
or better use 1.35V with Turbo LLC? Or it all depends on drops off amplitude up and down - turbo with 1.36V is ok but not with 1.4V?

My config now :
mb Gigabyte Vision G Z490
i9-10900K at 51x (48x cache) stable.
AIO NZXT 360mm

Main open questions:
a) CPU - I can't make it work at any voltages close to 1,25-1,3 as many reviewers-overclockers have. May they mean it after stress test drops by VR OUT?

For now I have setup: Fixed Vcore set = 1.380V (VR OUT in HwInfo shows 1.378V) LLС-level High or 1.35 with Turbo LLC !?
In CPUID = 1.380V and with Drop-off under loading in Cinebench20 - VR VOUT = going down till 1.289V and still working ok!
Same time if I set the same in Bios - can't load windows with 1.28-1.3V value in BIOS.

With stress tests- in Prime95 in SmallFFTs with Disable AVX2 was stable even with 1.35-1.36V only with TURBO LLC, what is it no good - because of Drops and returns amplituda too high for Turbo LLC?
Getting temperature in Cinebench20 with this Voltage till 94C :-( I have good enough working 9 Fan=6 in, 3 out middletower.)
Because of 1.380V?

Is it more proper check CPU with PRime95 SmallFFts NO AVX2?

Tried btw for a short period - 1.4V for 52x could be not enough to load windows and run stress-tests.
=====================================================================================================================
========================================================================================================================

b) I Have no idea how to set up a recommendation by everybody "Override Voltage" at Gigabyte (Adaptive too).
How am I supposed to use it after FIXED CORE for example 1.380V at 51x and High LLC?

c) So what are my options for 51-52x with fixed Voltage code, Override(Adaptive) Voltage.

PS. BTW Can't find SVID to switch it OFF as in ASUS mb instructions. Does it exist in Gigabyte mb?
PS2. CFG Lock OFF is ok?
========================================================================================================================

PS. About OC DDR4 Crucial Ballistix:

DDR-4 2x16Gb Micron b-die Crucial Ballistix Game 3200 16-18-18-38 Standard XMPm now OC -> 3500 15-18-18-36 (trfc 560) with 1.39V.
TCMD = 1T and Trefi auto. (or 3600 18-18-18-38 but it is slower?).

Why slow memory test or is it a Gigabyte mb typical issue? After updates for some betas speeds fell down - from 40 to 30 Gb/s.

I read many reviews about good DDR4 OC but this is the max without errors in TestMem extreme profiles etc. VCCIO + VCCSA set till 1.3V nothing makes it stable.
And still in AIDa64 memory bandwidth are lower than in Cache-memory test around as 41-4-38 Gb/s and latency 63.3nc

Thank you for any answers and sorry so many questions to clear out.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello Local Pro!
My present situation - very first time OC. Would you look at my BIOS settings screenshot and correct it please, what to do with CPU OC and in the end about DDR4 Crucial Ballistics opinions will be very welcomed and appreciated:

a) clear some statements like: As Bulldozer said, important is only Voltage under loading!??
For example to set Fixed voltage as 1.4V for 51-52x and then with normal (High) LLC under loading it will drop till 1,28-1,3V and will be still ok for CPU and long life?
or better use 1.35V with Turbo LLC? Or it all depends on drops off amplitude up and down - turbo with 1.36V is ok but not with 1.4V?

My config now :
mb Gigabyte Vision G Z490
i9-10900K at 51x (48x cache) stable.
AIO NZXT 360mm

Main open questions:
a) CPU - I can't make it work at any voltages close to 1,25-1,3 as many reviewers-overclockers have. May they mean it after stress test drops by VR OUT?

For now I have setup: Fixed Vcore set = 1.380V (VR OUT in HwInfo shows 1.378V) LLС-level High or 1.35 with Turbo LLC !?
In CPUID = 1.380V and with Drop-off under loading in Cinebench20 - VR VOUT = going down till 1.289V and still working ok!
Same time if I set the same in Bios - can't load windows with 1.28-1.3V value in BIOS.

With stress tests- in Prime95 in SmallFFTs with Disable AVX2 was stable even with 1.35-1.36V only with TURBO LLC, what is it no good - because of Drops and returns amplituda too high for Turbo LLC?
Getting temperature in Cinebench20 with this Voltage till 94C :-( I have good enough working 9 Fan=6 in, 3 out middletower.)
Because of 1.380V?

Is it more proper check CPU with PRime95 SmallFFts NO AVX2?

Tried btw for a short period - 1.4V for 52x could be not enough to load windows and run stress-tests.
=====================================================================================================================

b) I Have no idea how to set up a recommendation by everybody "Override Voltage" at Gigabyte (Adaptive too).
How am I supposed to use it after FIXED CORE for example 1.380V at 51x and High LLC?

c) So what are my options for 51-52x with fixed Voltage code, Override(Adaptive) Voltage.

PS. BTW Can't find SVID to switch it OFF as in ASUS mb instructions. Does it exist in Gigabyte mb?
PS2. CFG Lock OFF is ok?

PS. About OC DDR4 Crucial Ballistix:

DDR-4 2x16Gb Micron b-die Crucial Ballistix Game 3200 16-18-18-38 Standard XMPm now OC -> 3500 15-18-18-36 (trfc 560) with 1.39V.
TCMD = 1T and Trefi auto. (or 3600 18-18-18-38 but it is slower?).

Why slow memory test or is it a Gigabyte mb typical issue? After updates for some betas speeds fell down - from 40 to 30 Gb/s.

I read many reviews about good DDR4 OC but this is the max without errors in TestMem extreme profiles etc. VCCIO + VCCSA set till 1.3V nothing makes it stable.
And still in AIDa64 memory bandwidth are lower than in Cache-memory test around as 41-4-38 Gb/s and latency 63.3nc

Thank you for any answers and sorry so many questions to clear out.
Hi,

I never had a Gigabyte MB... But I can try to help you...
Please, take a pic of this...

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
A month ago the 10850k was $320 and the 10900KF was $330 at Microcenter.
Here in Brazil the best price for an i9-10900K is Us$ 725.00.
The AMD Threadripper PRO 3995WX costs Us$ 8,200.00

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi....

Running RealBech I have the following information:

"CPU: Intel Processor - Speed 3693.4MHz - Multi: 154.0 - Bus: 24.0 MHz"

What does "multi: 154.0" and "bus 24.0 MHz" mean ?

·
Gaming Overclocker
2,031 Posts
I'm gonna ask here as well, Pwm frequency Auto or higher (switching freq for both cpu and sa)?
I've a Z490 Ace @5.2, 1.38v override.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm gonna ask here as well, Pwm frequency Auto or higher (switching freq for both cpu and sa)?
I've a Z490 Ace @5.2, 1.38v override.
Higher VRM SF means lower transients.
If you use an override voltage, and a fixed clock frequency, your VRM will be asked to supply a non-variable voltage.
My CPU scales from 640mv to 1500mv in a very short period of time.
In this case, the fast VRM response is the difference of to be stable or BSOD.
In your case, the only difference you'll see will be the temperature.
But even knowing this I'd test anyway... LOL

·
Registered
251 Posts
He read it wrong, that is 5,2Ghz allcore it´s the same wrong BCLK and multi.
View attachment 2489099
I asked because a friend of mine has different results using the same processor with a Maximus XIII.
I'm curious about what is these "multi and Bus".

By the way, what is your DRAM benchmarks ?

4021 - 4040 of 4151 Posts