Overclock.net banner

2741 - 2760 of 2949 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
3800-14-15-15-35-296 Gear 1 vs 4800 17-19-19-39-296 Gear2

Yeah loosing 11k Copy but reducing latency by 7ns equals out.
View attachment 2488842
Good comparison.

What resolution and graphic settings do you use for Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,742 ·
  • Rep+
Reactions: cstkl1 and Esenel

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good comparison.

What resolution and graphic settings do you use for Shadow of the Tomb Raider?
Those settings and this scene.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just curious which memory kit 2x16gb is able to run tight Gear 1 and high bandwidth like 4800 CL17 Gear 2 relatively well?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Just curious which memory kit 2x16gb is able to run tight Gear 1 and high bandwidth like 4800 CL17 Gear 2 relatively well?
None.

Tight Gear 1 requires DR B-die.
4800 CL17 requires 16Gb Micron rev. B or DR DJR.

DR B-die seems impossible to run above 4533 MHz, while rev. B or DJR doesn't run tight timings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, all.. Looking for some guidance. I have an i7-11700K in a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, using the latest F20 bios (which uses 0x34 microcode).

In HWInfo, my core temps briefly drop down to 0c. So something is off with the sensors. I sent the debug log to Martin at HWInfo and he confirmed that the software is reading what the CPU is reporting correctly. I used Core Temp 1.17.1 as well, I experience the same issue.

I'm not sure if it's a microcode issue, the processor itself or, unlikely, the board. The board with an i7-10700K OC to 5.0ghz had been stable for many months. Since I've put this RKL chip in, I'm having one hell of a time overclocking it, even adding +1 across all cores. I've got about 15 days remaining to return it back to Best Buy.

Is anyone else experiencing 0c core temps, if so, I'd chalk it up to a future BIOS fix?

·
Registered
999 Posts
0c core temps
For Intel retail CPUs, it is extremely rare for this to happen. The temperature sensors are located within the CPU. I do not think a future microcode update is going to be able to fix this problem if a sensor has failed.

Best to exchange it or return it and put your 10700K back in. Nothing wrong with a 10700K that runs reliably at 5.0 GHz.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi, all.. Looking for some guidance. I have an i7-11700K in a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, using the latest F20 bios (which uses 0x34 microcode).

In HWInfo, my core temps briefly drop down to 0c. So something is off with the sensors. I sent the debug log to Martin at HWInfo and he confirmed that the software is reading what the CPU is reporting correctly. I used Core Temp 1.17.1 as well, I experience the same issue.

I'm not sure if it's a microcode issue, the processor itself or, unlikely, the board. The board with an i7-10700K OC to 5.0ghz had been stable for many months. Since I've put this RKL chip in, I'm having one hell of a time overclocking it, even adding +1 across all cores. I've got about 15 days remaining to return it back to Best Buy.

Is anyone else experiencing 0c core temps, if so, I'd chalk it up to a future BIOS fix?
Actually yes I am experiencing that myself as well with my 11900K. This also occurred with my i7 11700K. So I am chalking this up to something wrong with HWInfo64 or BIOS. It doesn't happen very often and is a very brief incorrect reading.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Someone over on reddit posted this on their Z590 Unify-X

Pretty impressive MSI

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/n1h1oq
that would be me, actually

This came out of day 2.
Aida latency was 37.8ns, bandwidth should be even higher.

Board looks pretty nice so far :D
Redoing 5g all core results soon as I'm making yet another OS and I'm also waiting for MSI to post a bios with the tRAS fix. Shooting for 50k at 50 core / 45 cache / 5066c15 very tight SR B-die.
IMC has a lot more trouble when running 8c16t 😔

·
Registered
393 Posts

I’ve seen 0c core temp minimum before, never seen it as current reading. Only on one or maybe two cores. I didn’t think much of it. I did notice it though in HWinfo. Not really worried about it might be a reporting issue.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: musician

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve seen 0c core temp minimum before, never seen it as current reading. Only on one or maybe two cores. I didn’t think much of it. I did notice it though in HWinfo. Not really worried about it might be a reporting issue.
I saw the current temp very briefly hit 0c on multiple cores, if I walked away for a bit, when I came back, I would see all of the cores at some point show 0c minimum readings. Something is/was flaky. I ended up returning the i7-11700K tonight for an i9-10850K and downgraded my Gigabyte Z490 Vision D bios back to F7c (the non-RKL enabled BIOS but with Re-BAR support). I would have loved the PCIe 4.0 for my Samsung 980 PRO and 3060 Ti FE (despite it hardly utilizing all of its present bus bandwidth), but whatever... Need stability again. Also, couldn't get a stable OC with it whatsoever -- BSOD Machine Hardware Exceptions errors and the occasional Watchdog, despite slowly creeping up the voltages. Either my chip was bad from the start or they are still working out the kinks in their [0x34++] BIOSes. Sad to move back, but optimistically, have more cores/threads.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,817 Posts
@bscool
z590 apex bdie SR

something wrong

the difficulty to do this was insane

but xmp 17-19-19 no problem

afaik its a latency issue when the ram gets lower than 43ns for straight 17..
its this + the sa which atm doesnt seem to like to go above 1.35..

figuring this out atm

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
@cstk When you flash the bios what method do you use? I have been doing both Flashback and then follow up with EZ Flash. Because I notice EZ flash leaves the favorites unchanged (I am guessing that is intentional) and now Flashback doesn't update microcode on this Z590 Apex. So it seems like either method only update is partial.

I tested it on z490 Apex and Flashback updates MC so it is a z590 bug or maybe just a bug with my z590 Apex? I have tried different USB sticks and downloading different bios versions and none of that matters.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,817 Posts
@cstk When you flash the bios what method do you use? I have been doing both Flashback and then follow up with EZ Flash. Because I notice EZ flash leaves the favorites unchanged (I am guessing that is intentional) and now Flashback doesn't update microcode on this Z590 Apex. So it seems like either method only update is partial.

I tested it on z490 Apex and Flashback updates MC so it is a z590 bug or maybe just a bug with my z590 Apex? I have tried different USB sticks and downloading different bios versions and none of that matters.
ez flash via bios. favs i dont use them.
asus tunes with respect to ucode.
so mixing with the bug not a good idea.

0801 good bro. 4800 mcio 1.05/ sa 1.2

·
Registered
756 Posts

The flashback button can only update the bios in a pre-defined routine. Use EZ flash in BIOS should be better.

2741 - 2760 of 2949 Posts