Overclock.net banner

2861 - 2880 of 3441 Posts

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,831 Posts
do you really play warzone for weeks 24/7?
LOL
thats a silly retort i never stated time frame of each session but the post was to indicate stability in terms of consistency of every boot every session is perfect

one thing obvious. you dont game any form of online multiplayer game.

thats the real LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
thats a silly retort i never stated time frame of each session but the post was to indicate stability in terms of consistency of every boot every session is perfect
one thing obvious. you dont game any form of online multiplayer game.
thats the real LOL
I understand that you are an old member of this forum, And your knowledge is more than mine. But I dare to contradict you.
You are constantly claiming that 10 gen intel is unstable and only 11 gen is 100% stable. Half of those screenshots that you post here from 11900k are called only for 3-5 minutes of memtest. The remaining half is 50 min usmus cfg or karhu. But you understand that this is only memory and only 50 minutes.
"100%" stability is checked by another time and additional programs from AVX load.
If you can "full game session online for weeks" or "every boot every session is perfect" then I think it will not be difficult for you to publish here 3 hours Prime95 Avx or 1 hour LinX full memory, Karhu 10000%, Anta EXtreme.cfg and show that you haven't received a single Whea error in all of this testing.

P.s And I ask you - do not test the processor in stock. You are on the forum www.overclock.net
P.s.s with if Whea errors occur on the 10th generation of Intel due to the imperfection of the architecture, you can always add vcor or disable HT - and get even more fps.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,831 Posts
I understand that you are an old member of this forum, And your knowledge is more than mine. But I dare to contradict you.
You are constantly claiming that 10 gen intel is unstable and only 11 gen is 100% stable. Half of those screenshots that you post here from 11900k are called only for 3-5 minutes of memtest. The remaining half is 50 min usmus cfg or karhu. But you understand that this is only memory and only 50 minutes.
"100%" stability is checked by another time and additional programs from AVX load.
If you can "full game session online for weeks" or "every boot every session is perfect" then I think it will not be difficult for you to publish here 3 hours Prime95 Avx or 1 hour LinX full memory, Karhu 10000%, Anta EXtreme.cfg and show that you haven't received a single Whea error in all of this testing.

P.s And I ask you - do not test the processor in stock. You are on the forum www.overclock.net
P.s.s with if Whea errors occur on the 10th generation of Intel due to the imperfection of the architecture, you can always add vcor or disable HT - and get even more fps.
funny. you didnt contradict. you just started a non related reply to two post

the post was on 34ns, you simply now ignoring this to divert everything playing the victim

and the part you obviously dont belong in this thread. rkl has no whea error. its either bsod or works.

why dont you post all that with 34ns aida 10900k.

funny how ppl always suddenly change the narrative claiming victim when they start some silly comment.

this is not "proof to me" thread or "MUST" help me thread. if you want mainstream feedback go ask ppl who earns from doing such comparison.

i can only state my opinion. whether ppl choose to believe it or not up to them. be the fool or learn something.. gain and loss only affects yourself.

the very fact 4800c17 works with sa 0.85 , mcio 1v .. any sane ppl would realize theres alot of things to learn.

also its obvious you dont ram oc. why would i post any FULL say 1000% stable when theres still much to learn and higher clocks to try.

disable ht, oc the cpu. go ahead and do your own test with your own electricity to satisfy somebody on the net.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,865 ·
Here is the test result I did personally and posted at the Korean PC community a couple of days ago.
Both settings are stable as you can see from my youtube.
I have all the pictures and let me know if someone wants the pics.
View attachment 2489709
Pleace post pictures. That way you are making this forum a better place :)

This looks to be a bit gpubound, so it would be fun to see if the pci-e 4.0 does a small difference here.

• Rep+
Reactions: cstkl1

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pleace post pictures. That way you are making this forum a better place :)

This looks to be a bit gpubound, so it would be fun to see if the pci-e 4.0 does a small difference here.
Here are the pictures. Sorry the game language is Korean.

As you mentioned PCIE 4.0 difference, I also tested Z490 Apex vs Z590 Apex and both of them are PICE.4.0 supported.
This pic below is Z490 Apex + 11900K + PCIE 4.0, but Z590 Apex with the same setup has higher fps.
See the GPU % of Z490 Apex (72%) and Z590 Apex (92%).

Also here are some 3DMark tests.
For Port Royal, the average temp of 10900K is so low, so consider when you compare settings.
Result

For Time Spy, I only have (11900K + Z490) vs (11900K + Z590) and Z590 setup gives me better score even though they are both PCIE 4.0.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,867 ·

View attachment 2489723
View attachment 2489724

View attachment 2489725 View attachment 2489726

As you mentioned PCIE 4.0 difference, I also tested Z490 Apex vs Z590 Apex and both of them are PICE.4.0 supported.
This pic below is Z490 Apex + 11900K + PCIE 4.0, but Z590 Apex with the same setup has higher fps.
See the GPU % of Z490 Apex (72%) and Z590 Apex (92%).

Also here are some 3DMark tests.
For Port Royal, the average temp of 10900K is so low, so consider when you compare settings.
Result

For Time Spy, I only have (10900K + Z490) vs (11900K + Z590) and Z590 setup gives me better score even though they are both PCIE 4.0.
Looks like 10900k is getting better result on the cpuside, but lower on the gpu side?

11900k vs 10900k Tombraider OCN.png

·
Registered
51 Posts
the very fact 4800c17 works with sa 0.85 , mcio 1v .. any sane ppl would realize theres alot of things to learn.
I am not interested in your ns. I am interested in your screen "3 min stable".
If you declare that your 11900k for 4800 memory needs
sa 0.85 with vccio2 1.05 4800c17 then you must confirm it with a more serious test - for example LinX full memory or Gsat.
Just the same I'm interested in overclocking the memory and the screen from 3 min test does not give any benefit, no conclusions can be drawn from it.
You write what you want to go higher (5066), but how can you go higher if you do not know how much "really" you need sa io on the previous step (4800)?
This is strange to read from the old-timer of the forum. Most newbies learn from the screenshots of other more experienced overclockers. Please do not post screenshots of 3 minutes of tests.
You are misleading beginners, and you spoil the opinion of yourself.

·
Registered
51 Posts

View attachment 2489725 View attachment 2489726
Thanks for the tests. Do you have time to test both configurations in the shadow tomb raider game, but without focusing on the GPU?
The graph has a jagged cpu render line. Need to check at 720p
lowest presset + antialising off / 505 ver game.
Your results will be valuable for comparing processors
At 11900k, due to gear 2 modes, there is a drop in FPS.
And 95% of the cpu game will show it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,872 ·
I am not interested in your ns. I am interested in your screen "3 min stable".
If you declare that your 11900k for 4800 memory needs
sa 0.85 with vccio2 1.05 4800c17 then you must confirm it with a more serious test - for example LinX full memory or Gsat.
Just the same I'm interested in overclocking the memory and the screen from 3 min test does not give any benefit, no conclusions can be drawn from it.
You write what you want to go higher (5066), but how can you go higher if you do not know how much "really" you need sa io on the previous step (4800)?
This is strange to read from the old-timer of the forum. Most newbies learn from the screenshots of other more experienced overclockers. Please do not post screenshots of 3 minutes of tests.
You are misleading beginners, and you spoil the opinion of yourself.
Now it's your turn to provide some benchmarks numbers and screenshots :)

Love from Norway <3

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the tests. Do you have time to test both configurations in the shadow tomb raider game, but without focusing on the GPU?
The graph has a jagged cpu render line. Need to check at 720p
lowest presset + antialising off / 505 ver game.
Your results will be valuable for comparing processors
At 11900k, due to gear 2 modes, there is a drop in FPS.
And 95% of the cpu game will show it.
Unfortunately, I sold 10900K a couple of days ago. I can only test 11900K + Z590 Apex setup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unfortunately, I sold 10900K a couple of days ago. I can only test 11900K + Z590 Apex setup.
yes, give it - it will still be valuable for comparing 11900k without an emphasis on the video card. Thank you
if it does not bother you then go through the benchmark on 3733 13 13 Gear 1 and 5066 17 17 Gear 2.
For comparison Gear 1 vs Gear 2

·
Registered
51 Posts
View attachment 2489756

Why is this game used so often? Doesn't another game exist?

Feel free to go run CS GO benchmark.
Of course have. But Sotr has easy to read results + repeatable test (many try to compare in warzone - but there you can't achieve 100 percent repeatability). It is easy to compare processors in multithreading since the game is well optimized (DX12) (Games in the future will be on Dx12, Vulcan - and will use all cores)
A lot of people only look at the average FPS, forgetting about the 95 percentile. Sotr responds well to overclocking cores and memory + shows graphics frametime Cpu and Gpu, GPU dependency, min, max, average, 95% fps. (I'm personally interested in 95% cpu Game)
CS GO - DX9 - uses few cores. If you want to compare performance in single-threaded games, then SC2 is better /
Here is your version of the game in the screenshot (298 - the screenshot is not mine (he is domdtxdissar)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, is there an Apex XIII bios memory OC guide anywhere to be found? Just the basics so I can get started on my own?

Only have the 11600K 6-core but a pretty decent TZ Royal Silver 4600/18 B-die kit - just want to get started learning.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hey guys, is there an Apex XIII bios memory OC guide anywhere to be found? Just the basics so I can get started on my own?

Only have the 11600K 6-core but a pretty decent Trident Z Royal Silver 4600/18 B-die kit - just want to get started learning.

Thank you!

View attachment 2489767
That's an impressive frequency, is it with some kind of AVX offset? What did you use to test stability?

As for timings, you can generally assume whatever held for previous generations hold for this generation too (secondary and tertiary timings are very important). The only significant difference is that there's no RTL tweaking, you just enable Round Trip Latency in memory training algorithms and get a decent performance uplift.

• Rep+
Reactions: E-Curbi2

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
@Arni90 @Lownage

I am not sure, dumb luck? Here are the files if someone wants to try. The voltages are higher than some might run but that is what it took for me to boot and be stable so far. I haven't tested it much. I tried to figure out what memory algorithm setting did let me boot 4533 DR b die but changing them one by one it would not boot but changing the combo boots for me. Still cant boot 4600 or 4800 with c17 or c18 with DR b die.

Early Command Training [Enabled]
Late Command Training [Enabled]
Round Trip Latency [Enabled]
Turn Around Timing Training [Enabled]
Rank Margin Tool [Disabled]
Just tried this, and 4533 booted easily, but there are some significant VCCIO MemOC requirements

• Rep+
Reactions: bscool
2861 - 2880 of 3441 Posts