Overclock.net banner
3721 - 3740 of 3879 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey guys, how is the Z590-E? Will it handle an 11900k well?
Most boards will handle a 11900k reasonably well. What sets it apart is memory overclocking and I believe Z590-E is not bad. But don't pin your hopes too high if you wanna go all out on memory overclocking. 11900k's performance is pretty much solid if you run good memory.

• Rep+
Reactions: cstkl1

·
Registered
23 Posts
When running Cinebench r23 my center cores 2,3 and 5 is getting alot hotter than the rest, is this a commen thing or is it something wrong with my 11700k cpu?

Aslo temp on core 3 dont show up wich i find odd.

Im running a Bykski CPU-XPR-MK-I-V4 CPU block with 360mm radiator and d5 pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts

11700KF SP68 and it performs much better than my 11900K SP82. With the i9 it wasn't possible to hold 5.4/5.2 under 75C. I think the 11700KF is a good choise. What do you think?

·
Not New to Overclock.net
5,008 Posts
When running Cinebench r23 my center cores 2,3 and 5 is getting alot hotter than the rest, is this a commen thing or is it something wrong with my 11700k cpu?

Im running a Bykski CPU-XPR-MK-I-V4 CPU block with 360mm radiator and d5 pump. View attachment 2517755
dude those china ones are fine for rads, fittings and even gpu blocks to some extent

BUT never for cpu block. cpus have very small die area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This thread is called Overclocking 11700k/11900k results, bins and discussion
Yet it's almost 200 pages of NOTHING REGARDING "Overclocking 11700k/11900k results, bins and discussion" and instead almost exclusively about RAM overclocking.

Talk about completely hijacking and destroying a thread.

Literally learned almost nothing about 11700K / 11900K overclocking, bins, etc. here - instead it's almost 200 pages about RAM timings, RAM frequencies, and RAM manufacturers. Discuss that in a RAM OVERCLOCKING thread, not a CPU OVERCLOCKING & BINS thread.
Yeah you’re right and such is the sad state of these CPUs. All I had to do to get top 3 Geekbench scores for my CPU was to buy the right RAM.

I didn’t even have to tweak much. Just XMP and lower the clock enough to work on gear 1 mode.

Bins would be a nice discussion I guess.
But beyond that there isn’t much room for anything. The amount of heat these throw out means the discussion would have to go to delidding and/or liquid nitrogen.

I hear it’s the same over on the AMD side.
It’s wo competitive out there that you may as well call these chips “preoverclocked” or “factory overclocked”. The only juice left is with RAM and it’s settings. So I guess take a crash course on RAM tuning.

·
Registered
858 Posts

Im running a Bykski CPU-XPR-MK-I-V4 CPU block with 360mm radiator and d5 pump. View attachment 2517755
You may want to check your thermal paste distribution. Some cores are at the center while others aren't.

• Rep+
Reactions: owikh84 and IronAge

·
Facepalm
10,048 Posts

This is normal.
You aren't going to get those cores cooler without going direct die.
Even if you go direct die you're still going to have those exact same cores hotter than the others--just by a much lower amount.
Core #1 has been the coolest core on Intel chips for several generations now (with the core 0-9 method), even on 8700k it was like this.
Where's your core #3? Might want to reset your hwinfo layout to default or unhide it.

• Rep+
Reactions: IronAge and cstkl1

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is normal.
You aren't going to get those cores cooler without going direct die.
Even if you go direct die you're still going to have those exact same cores hotter than the others--just by a much lower amount.
Core #1 has been the coolest core on Intel chips for several generations now (with the core 0-9 method), even on 8700k it was like this.
Where's your core #3? Might want to reset your hwinfo layout to default or unhide it.
Great, so glad its working correctly. Thank you :)

·
Let's ROCK!!!
281 Posts
this made sound a bit nubish but here goes
I have a rog strix z590-e gaming and I want to run a static clock
if I set the cores to sync all cores and set to say 50,the board still doesn't respect
the setting and still clocks from 53-48
is this normal or am I doing something wrong ?
I want to run a 5.1 all core clock if I didn't explain that correctly.
Thank you

rog strix z590-e gaming 0902
corsair h150i pro
3600 b-dies(gskill) @4533 16-17-17-28

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does this address any of the USB issues people are experiencing?
what usb issues?

i don't not need 20+ phases, but 2 layers more + an array of tantalum condis would not harm the Apex/Extreme at all.

yes, Asus Bios Support is awesome, so probably end up keeping the M13A.
MSI has 8 layer pcb. the only benefit of this is it would hurt more if you threw a msi motherboard at someone over anyone else 6 layer :D

• Haha
Reactions: IronAge

·
Registered
400 Posts
MSI has 8 layer pcb. the only benefit of this is it would hurt more if you threw a msi motherboard at someone over anyone else 6 layer :D
there is a reason that vendors use more layers, it provides better signal quality and less noise.

imagine the EVGA Z590 Dark with the Bios Tweaking of Shamino. :love:

so i kinda wish Shamino would join back EVGA, that is where he actually started engineering motherboards AFAIK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what usb issues?

TLDR my first M13E had an issue with the usb controller. Now my replacement board acts up with more than 4 USB devices are connected.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,737 ·
i don't not need 20+ phases, but 2 layers more + an array of tantalum condis would not harm the Apex/Extreme at all.

We need better cpu's with 500w+ powerdraw to see more cpu power 😎👊

• Love
Reactions: IronAge

·
Registered
35 Posts
there is a reason that vendors use more layers, it provides better signal quality and less noise.

imagine the EVGA Z590 Dark with the Bios Tweaking of Shamino. :love:

so i kinda wish Shamino would join back EVGA, that is where he actually started engineering motherboards AFAIK.
noob question, how do you measure noise and quality?
second noob question, has any testing been done for higher layer pcb in mobo and ram vs lower?

TLDR my first M13E had an issue with the usb controller. Now my replacement board acts up with more than 4 USB devices are connected.

tyvm. does not seem like this issue is widespread?
hope you get it sorted out soon!

·
Not New to Overclock.net
5,008 Posts

had that before on m13e.. wasnt the board. happens only during boot

rebuild your boot partition.
that solves it.

bad ram oc corrupts it on normal efi windows..
doesnt happen to ghost spectre.

guide using bcdboot

·
Not New to Overclock.net
5,008 Posts
i don't need 20+ phases, but 2 layers more + an array of tantalum condis would not harm the Apex/Extreme at all.

of course wont hurt da board.. it will hurt da wallet.

apex was speced to work within a price range.

3721 - 3740 of 3879 Posts