Overclock.net banner
5741 - 5760 of 5977 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Finally received my 4000 CL14 (2x16 GB) kit today.
Could boot like 10 times in a row in Windows desktop with 3974 MHz (3866 MHz + BCLK) 13-13-13-14-2 on my Apex 13.

If I switch sticks, it's 3970 MHz 13-13-13-14-2.

So both sticks are very close.
Voltages?

·
Registered
152 Posts
it seems that with the 2402 bios i finally ventured to try it out and i have been able to upgrade the memory on a z490 formula xii to 3733 gear 1 17/17/37 which i couldn't before.

I don't think it has improved performance at all but at least...I think it is almost the top for gear.

One curious thing I noticed is that I almost never see the ring bus reach the 4,300mhz that it has to be set to stock.

normally on the desktop it fluctuates between 3.900mhz...4.100mhz is this normal? I have to check it in games.

Photograph Screenshot Font Software Technology
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The CACHE on my 11900k is driving me crazy. I overclocked my cpu to 52x 1.50v (adaptive) all core then overclocked my memory then I decided it was time to try to get as much out of the Cache as possible but trying to overclock it has been a nightmare!! (I realize that it wont give me large FPS gains in games or much higher scores in benchmarks) but I do not really want to just leave the cache at stock.

Here is the issue, about 75% of the time I boot into windows the cache shows as 41x (instead of what its set to in the bios) in HWinfo64, CPU-z etc it reads incorrectly and I dont know why? I spent the better part of yesterday trying to overclock the cache & occasionally getting WHEA Errors along with the incorrect cache reading in windows. I eventually thought it was doing that because my RAM was borderline stable but after setting RAM to stock settings I began getting the 41x readings again but without any WHEA errors. It even does it when set to 42x or 43x. Surely the cache is capable of being overclocked at least 100mhz!

I think I was getting WHEA errors cause my memory timings were barely stable but bumping the cache a couple hundred MZ made them slightly unstable, howerver that doesnt explain why Its still displaying 41x in windows monitoring programs with my RAM at stock speeds?

Has this happened to you guys? I have checked all the settings in the bios, Im stumped?

·
Registered
778 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Lownage

·
Facepalm
10,336 Posts
The CACHE on my 11900k is driving me crazy. I overclocked my cpu to 52x 1.50v (adaptive) all core then overclocked my memory then I decided it was time to try to get as much out of the Cache as possible but trying to overclock it has been a nightmare!! (I realize that it wont give me large FPS gains in games or much higher scores in benchmarks) but I do not really want to just leave the cache at stock.

Here is the issue, about 75% of the time I boot into windows the cache shows as 41x (instead of what its set to in the bios) in HWinfo64, CPU-z etc it reads incorrectly and I dont know why? I spent the better part of yesterday trying to overclock the cache & occasionally getting WHEA Errors along with the incorrect cache reading in windows. I eventually thought it was doing that because my RAM was borderline stable but after setting RAM to stock settings I began getting the 41x readings again but without any WHEA errors. It even does it when set to 42x or 43x. Surely the cache is capable of being overclocked at least 100mhz!

I think I was getting WHEA errors cause my memory timings were barely stable but bumping the cache a couple hundred MZ made them slightly unstable, howerver that doesnt explain why Its still displaying 41x in windows monitoring programs with my RAM at stock speeds?

Has this happened to you guys? I have checked all the settings in the bios, Im stumped?
You need to disable ring down bin.
Memory and cache are directly related.
Gear 1: has most effect from cache o/c with 1T command rate. 2T not so much.
Gear 2: uh....yeah.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Do you intend to keep it for 24/7 use?
Hope I won't have to keep them all at such values.
Just bumped them up and lowered CPU frequency to 4.0 GHz, to exclude the CPU, for now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A quick update for the guys who has been bearing with me when i had my mobo issue i finally had it back from Gigabyte & they changed my socket for freeeeeeeeee yayyy, BTW i'm still not able to have a stable all cores @ 4.9Ghz with nice temps & voltages, i think it has more to do with the mobo then the silicon lottery, for the moment i'm living it stock with just a core voltage offset of -0.040 on XTU ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you bend the socket by mistake and process the warranty? and what have they done to you? or how was the story?
The case fell down and the socket completly broke, there was cracks in it and all the pins were not in the right place (direction) after that, the website i bought from accepted to take it as RMA and they told me that usually for the cases like that with a new mobo (used it few days only) Gigabyte accept to repair them for free, we tried then, it took 3 months but they fixed it and sent it back to the website who sent it back to me ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
A quick update for the guys who has been bearing with me when i had my mobo issue i finally had it back from Gigabyte & they changed my socket for freeeeeeeeee yayyy, BTW i'm still not able to have a stable all cores @ 4.9Ghz with nice temps & voltages, i think it has more to do with the mobo then the silicon lottery, for the moment i'm living it stock with just a core voltage offset of -0.040 on XTU ;)
Hey I remember you. Well, thumbs up for the Gigabyte, and congratz to you :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey I remember you. Well, thumbs up for the Gigabyte, and congratz to you :)
Yes, it's really a great move from them, everyone on the internet is raging & complaining about their RMA's & warranty support, first experience with them after 20 years being a customer so for me they're nailing it, thanks bro ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: cstkl1 and musician

·
Registered
778 Posts
My 4000 CL14 doesn't want to do 3866 13-13-13 or 13-14-14 in Karhu @ 1.61 vdimm and 1.45 sa/io.
Will see how high I can go with 14-14-14.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Lol, my 4000 CL14 can't even do 3866 14-14-14-34.
Only stock 14-15-15-35 works at 3866 and higher.

I will get rid of it and will keep my 3800 14-16-16-36 that also does 14-15-15-15 and that at 3960 MHz.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Lol, my 4000 CL14 can't even do 3866 14-14-14.
Only stock 14-15-15 works at 3866 and higher.

I will get ride of it and will keep my 3800 14-16-16-36 that also does 14-15-15 and that at 3960 MHz.
Only my 3rd kit was able to run HCI memtest to 200% completion at 4000-14-14-15 at 1.55v and bench at 4040-14-14-15. I haven’t tested 14-14-14.

·
Registered
10700K/XII Apex/2x16 3200C14 G.Skill Bdie/RTX 2080
306 Posts
Lol, my 4000 CL14 can't even do 3866 14-14-14-34.
Only stock 14-15-15-35 works at 3866 and higher.

I will get rid of it and will keep my 3800 14-16-16-36 that also does 14-15-15-15 and that at 3960 MHz.
TRCD also depends heavily on temps and imc. Some CPUs might be able to run it tighter than others. IT is a possibility that your CPU just can't run TRCD14 at that speed or the dimms are too warm. But it could also be the ram too.

·
Registered
778 Posts
TRCD also depends heavily on temps and imc. Some CPUs might be able to run it tighter than others. IT is a possibility that your CPU just can't run TRCD14 at that speed or the dimms are too warm. But it could also be the ram too.
IMC is able to do >3900 and it errored just at 3866 and that not even few mins later at slightly above 30°C. So it's RAM.

• Sad
Reactions: Lownage
5741 - 5760 of 5977 Posts