Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
With a 3700, I managed to hit a stable 2450 MHz without any changes but the FSB. I'd try setting the FSB to 220 with an 11x multiplier. As long as it's stable, keep going. That's about as high as I could go without changing voltages, dividers, HTT multipliers, etc (actually, I could get 223 x 11, but 33 MHz isn't a big deal).

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dude2k5

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...544&CatId=1181

thats what i have, i want to know the most i should go, and i do not have liquid cooling, so wat should i overclock to?

Please add your system in your "Profile" via the "USER CP" which will help others help you

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
You should beable to go to 2.6 - 2.7 But you will need to add some voltage to the cpu. The voltage on my cpu is 1.65 but I have good cooling. and the IHS has been removed.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Oh. Your 3700 is set at 2.4. Mine was 2.2. I'd recommend you try to hit 2.6 without changing any voltages, just crank up the FSB. If that doesn't work, then start messing with voltages, dividers, multipliers, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 3700+ is at 1.45Vcore(max for my board) and I am running at 2.7 on air by upping the multi only.. I can get the proc. to 2.8 pi stable but my ram is the limiting factor on Prime..

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
You can get 2.7 on air no problem, i just moved to water cooling and can reach 3ghz at 1.6v, but its not stable which means I need new ram
, so if youre going to overclock make sure you have ram that can do 270x10

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Mine is stable at 2.85ghz with a 11x and the fsb set to 260 and the ht set to x3. My ram is set on 166 and is currently running at 204mhz with these timings 2.5 3 2 5 7. I have the cpu at 1.45v and on load I am at 42c with my xp-90c and a tornado.

·
Registered
517 Posts
YiffiGriffy reached 3 GHz using air cooling, but his CPU clocks to 2.2 GHz as default, i say that you can do at least the same if you'll get a good cooling system, zalman 7700cu or Big typhoon should both work good for you,
you can still hit 2.8 GHz on your stock cooling with a slight raise in Vcore, 0.1-0.15v should do the trick.

some people who own the 3700 SD replied to this post, their achievements don't reflect the overclockability of your CPU because he has different memory controller, core and architecture, and memory BUS.

What's IHS by the way?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I've got the 3700+ too and I got a 2.4GHZ just using my multipliers and Clockgen.
(no guts, no glory, but what I wanted) I also get DDR433 instead of DDR400.
Vcore 1.4V / 33c @ idle

When I restart my computer it reverts to 2.2GHZ, but stays at DDR433.
I have to go back to Clockgen to reset to 2.4GHZ.

Is that normal?
Can I get it to stay at 2.4 GHZ, or do I just want it for gaming (etc)?

·
Banned
151 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by at2wooden

Hi,
I've got the 3700+ too and I got a 2.4GHZ just using my multipliers and Clockgen.
(no guts, no glory, but what I wanted) I also get DDR433 instead of DDR400.
Vcore 1.4V / 33c @ idle

When I restart my computer it reverts to 2.2GHZ, but stays at DDR433.
I have to go back to Clockgen to reset to 2.4GHZ.

Is that normal?
Can I get it to stay at 2.4 GHZ, or do I just want it for gaming (etc)?

The only way to make it stay at 2.4 is by doing it in the BIOS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do I do that?
I reset multiplier 216 X 11 in bios and dropped my HT multiplier to 4X already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts