Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have the BioStar a880g+ am3 motherbord and an athlon ii x4 630 propus, and I am having difficulty overclocking and unlocking the cpu.
Would someone please help me with overclocking settings for this type of BIOS? I am unfamiliar with it.

Also as far as unlocking goes, I enable the ACC and save it, but on boot there are hypertransport sync errors. When I go into the bios to reset it, it shows that the L3 cache is indeed unlocked, but when I unlock it I cannot boot.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint19
View Post

Is the ram 4x2GB? Whe need slow down the rajm multiplier for overclock your cpu using the fsb. As first step go to your BIOS and disable cool'n'quite and c1e support

Sent from my Android using TapaTalk

ok I disabled the C1E support, I already had my fan set to performance. Under full load I get around 42C

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint19
View Post

Excellent, I think that your load temps are a little high for stock speed but we would see the temps with overclock.

As I say few post above, you need slow down the RAM multiplier in the BIOS in other words you RAM must run at 1066MHz and not 1333 as is rated, start to rise the FSB in little steps (5-10MHz) and try to keep the HT and NB frequency the closets possible to 2000MHz. Test stability for each settings that you do with prime95 for two hours at least

what about voltages?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.