Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am getting this card shortly. I am planning to use Coolbits 2.0 to overclock it, and from what I know, it can only be overclocked on its memory. Considering I am not going to cool it at all besides its stock fan, should I worry about setting the memory too high? I see many people get about an extra 133mhz from ocing it. Thanks!

So, are there any risks of frying the card with memory overclocks? Is the only bad thing about it getting artifacts, etc? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Artifacts are typically a resul;t of overheating... for the core. Ram, has been tested and found that cooling barely helps hget higher OC's, it just helps with reliability and longevity. Artifacts are bad, so OC untill you get them, then back it down. Adding cooling is smart... And i dont see why you cant OC the core...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just a limitation in the card for the core. I cant really add any cooling. My main question is then, is that once I back down from artifacting, even though there's no artifacts, is that still shortening my cards life span? Can it fry?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts