Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a Sapphire 9600 Pro (256mb) and ran ATI Tool and found my max's (515/320)...but when I apply the settings they don't stick. There was a warning about my card being a locked card. Is there any way to unlock it?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the dna drivers when I get my new motherboard, omega drivers didn't like my system when I installed them. Gave tons of windows logo testing errors and such (and never installed the drivers).

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunix

I'll check the dna drivers when I get my new motherboard, omega drivers didn't like my system when I installed them. Gave tons of windows logo testing errors and such (and never installed the drivers).

the WHQL testing doesent matter , they are cracked drivers just install them anyway they will work fine but your card will be unlocked. you should get a new cooler to help the overclocking process, heres what i reccomend http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=16 but get some Arctic silver 5 paste for it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, experience has told me to not ignore the windows logo testing--I've had seriuos trouble with it before (when I tried to install MouseWare for my MX-700, gave errors and then didn't install. It seems that a similar thing is happening with the Omega drivers.

Thanks for the advice on the cooler. I'm not looking for huge increases by overclocking, simply want to get the most out of what I paid for, you know? Getting some AS5 for my cpu in a few days. I might apply that to the GPU w/o buying a new cooler and see if I get drastic temp drops (I should get a few C*).

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunix

Well, experience has told me to not ignore the windows logo testing--I've had seriuos trouble with it before (when I tried to install MouseWare for my MX-700, gave errors and then didn't install. It seems that a similar thing is happening with the Omega drivers.

Thanks for the advice on the cooler. I'm not looking for huge increases by overclocking, simply want to get the most out of what I paid for, you know? Getting some AS5 for my cpu in a few days. I might apply that to the GPU w/o buying a new cooler and see if I get drastic temp drops (I should get a few C*).

no the drivers were originall WHQL assured but then they were cracked to remove the lock on the Overclocking so then the WHQL is broken and you get a warning , it will be fine use the drivers any way anyone who uses thos drivers has to ignore the WHQL , you will get the same message for the DNA drivers, your cooler sapphire sort of aim for quiet coolers (not much cooling performance - aim to cool within 10% of suggested ceiling - the sort of thing to minimise noise) so AS5 may help, but to get worthwhile overclocks you will have to invest in a bigger cooler (i have an ATI Silencer on my 9700 Pro - they ROCK @ half speed it runs cooler than the original cooler did) .. ignore the WHQL on cracked drivers the incident you had with the mouse was probabily tryin to use older drivers (95/98 drivers) which wil cause problem, do let one bad experience scare you off, the Omega drivers will be fine -ignore the WHQL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i have a gecube 9600xt *Extreme* 128MB but im wondering with the current cooler i had; will i need a customer Cooler like ARCTIC ?
i mean if i change, would it be worth it ? the amount of heat it cools does it worth while for the money i spent ?(over the performance)

*when i O.C my card... it does get *HOT* and i could not put my finger for more than 5 sec on the back of the card where the core is...

*i just broght it up because i saw u guys was talking about 9600 and ARCTIC which i had my eyes on...*

thanks...

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by naoki

Hey i have a gecube 9600xt *Extreme* 128MB but im wondering with the current cooler i had; will i need a customer Cooler like ARCTIC ?
i mean if i change, would it be worth it ? the amount of heat it cools does it worth while for the money i spent ?(over the performance)
*when i O.C my card... it does get *HOT* and i could not put my finger for more than 5 sec on the back of the card where the core is...
*i just broght it up because i saw u guys was talking about 9600 and ARCTIC which i had my eyes on...*
thanks...

yeah defo go for an ARCTIC (ati silencer 2 or VGA silencer , both have same cooling performance), and buy some Arctic Silver 5 or Cermique for it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai_Jao

no the drivers were originall WHQL assured but then they were cracked to remove the lock on the Overclocking so then the WHQL is broken and you get a warning , it will be fine use the drivers any way anyone who uses thos drivers has to ignore the WHQL , you will get the same message for the DNA drivers, your cooler sapphire sort of aim for quiet coolers (not much cooling performance - aim to cool within 10% of suggested ceiling - the sort of thing to minimise noise) so AS5 may help, but to get worthwhile overclocks you will have to invest in a bigger cooler (i have an ATI Silencer on my 9700 Pro - they ROCK @ half speed it runs cooler than the original cooler did) .. ignore the WHQL on cracked drivers the incident you had with the mouse was probabily tryin to use older drivers (95/98 drivers) which wil cause problem, do let one bad experience scare you off, the Omega drivers will be fine -ignore the WHQL

Thanks man, when I get my mobo (today, hopefully!!) I'll check everything out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts