Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it can be done. I've seen benchmarks of the card being overclocked successfully. HD4330 Overclocked Stats

I've tried ATItool and Vivatuner. They don't show any support for the card. Plus I think I'm going to need to monitor the temps and the fan speeds. It is a laptop after all.

Thanks for any help. I really want to overclock this to HD4550 speeds.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Did you try MSI afterburner?

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meaker View Post
Did you try MSI afterburner?
hmmm, in a sense it is reading teh clock speeds and stuff. i'm going to try older drivers and see if that helps.

EDIT:
old drivers don't help at all. i know when i didn't have any 3d software it was able to be overclocked, but then it wouldn't render anything 3d. msi afterburner gives same results of the amd gpu tool but whenever i try and set the clocks up, it doesn't work, it just goes back to the reset default or says it fails on the overclock (i.e., won't let me change them).

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You have to edit one of the cfg files and change enable unofficial overclocking from 0 to 1.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by foothead View Post
You have to edit one of the cfg files and change enable unofficial overclocking from 0 to 1.
hmmm, interesting. Do you know which cfg files to enable it? Is it off of MSIafterburner or the drivers itself?

EDIT:
Okai, found it in the msi folder. hehe, trying now.

hahahah wooot! its working.

anyone know what the max safe temps for this card would be?

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okai, so I was able to overclock it. Got passed 4550 speeds.

Current max GPU core temp is: 89.C on full load (idle used to be 60, now idle is 65)
Current max GPU memory temp (DDR2) is: 81.0.C on full load

GPU core: 575MHz
GPU memory: 616.5MHz (over 1233 MHz effective)

Should I be worried? Performance jumped on ATI tool from 129-135 average to about 180 average.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, my nvidia 9600m runs at 95 degrees at full load and it aint even OCed, so i think you'r okay, mobility cards do run hot.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Just be sure to use it on a desk and you will be ok. If you use it on your lap, it loses cooling and will get to extreme temp levels.

Max temps determined by....?
I use furmark for 20 minutes to find max load temps.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Just be sure to use it on a desk and you will be ok. If you use it on your lap, it loses cooling and will get to extreme temp levels.

Max temps determined by....?
I use furmark for 20 minutes to find max load temps.
100% gpu load via the atitool stress test. Turns out (read temps and load through cpu-z) that it runs it at 100% load. :O

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonUser View Post
Well, my nvidia 9600m runs at 95 degrees at full load and it aint even OCed, so i think you'r okay, mobility cards do run hot.
hmm that is really good to know. i'll keep it at 550/1.2ghz for now and see how it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts