Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject-line states i have 9800 Pro made by MSI. Its the one with the green board that has the R360 core. On it, I have the ATi Sliencer Rev 1. I have a 420W PS and a fan in the side of the case. I was just wondering about how high could i overclock the card without causing heating problems and breaking the card.

Also, is there a way to check the temps of this card with some sort of program??

And, the fan has two connectors to plug into the PS connectors. Do the connectors dictate which way the fan turns. I want the fan to suck in and the Silencer to exhaust. Will i have to turn the fan around??

Thanks Everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
I believe rage 3d is an ati overclocking software. i had a 9600 and it had the temp settings. Check again under the properties. Its pretty hard to damage those cards by overclocking. A simple pci fan http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...888-112&depa=0 will help with your cooling. Very cost effective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a 9800pro from msi with the red board and the r360 core. with the right cooling i run it at 435-405 under load and 380-340 idle. I also flashed it to a 9800xt which allowed me to overclock the memory to 405. Before i flashed it the memory would max out at 388 now its can do 410. the core is able to go to
445 up from 428.

with the artic cool u should be able to overclock it a bunch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts