Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, Not aware of the steppings but the venice is 30 bucks more. Which would you take? I can get the 3200 winchester for 100 dollars which is 30 less than the venice, But I've heard and seen venices surpass winchesters. Which to get?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Before I switched to an Opteron, my 3000 Venice was running at 2700 prime stable. Check out the screen shots. If you go that route, make sure that you have some good cooling (I was using a Big Typhoon). I'm sure that you'll be happy with whatever one that you buy.

• Rep+
Reactions: r3tard

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome. I may get the venice then but then I only have 100 for ram opposed to 130 if I get the winchester. Blah.

·
Registered
503 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? I still have my Venice and might be willing to part with it if I know that it will be going to a nice home! PM me if you need any more info.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalkobra

are you gonna want another 1gb kit of ram? ill see what i can find ya.

That'd be awesome. This is a fixer upper cpu for the time being. I hope I get back from my holidays a month or so earlier before the end of summer so I can get a job and pay back the rents, and get a nice dual core. Possibility of water cooling soon if money permits.

So guys, Go for the venice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.