Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im new to overclocking. I have an acer aspire 5534 laptop. Its got the 780g amd chipset. And the ati radeon hd3200 integrated videocard. Wondering if anyone out there has actually overclocked the cpu or gpuand how to do it. . Want to know if its possible and how to do it. I downloaded amd overrdrive but it will only let me increase the voltage for some reason. msi afterburner looks like it will let my oc my gpu up to aboutn 900mhz but i havent tried yet. I have been trying to find some software thast will let me monitor the temp of my cpu and gpu but havent had luck so far most the programs i found didnt work. Anyways thanks in advance for any advice Im not gonna actually do this until I know my temps and voltages are right and I talk to someone who knows what there doing so I dont screw thisd up..

·
Registered
176 Posts
pesonally i wont recomand overclocking laptops i tryed it once only to fry my gpu
it cant even handle dx9 games now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbpenguins412
View Post

You can't overclock your laptop. It has a locked BIOS.

You could try a program like SetFSB and ClockGen. But they are not recommended. Sorry buddy, you're out of luck.

aww damn. do you know this for a fact because you have a aspire 5534 laptop? yeah i ran setfsb and it looks like it will let me reset the fsb even though i dont really know what to set it to so ill have to read up on it later. what about overclocking the gpu? its supposed to be 500 mhz and gpu-z is reading it at 300. i thought i had read a thread on toms hardware with someoner saying they had overclocked it to 950mhz on this laptop.

whats really burning me up and what a dont quite get is this laptop is amd athlon 64 bit dual core 1.2 ghz processor with ati radeon hd3200 right? well my damn pentium 4 2.8 ghz with a nvidia 6200 agp card goes just about as quick. i get the same framerates in wow. i mean *** is with that. if the p4 had a pci express slot id just buy an expensive vid card and be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts