Overclock.net banner
5721 - 5740 of 5907 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m going to try to achieve 5.4-5.5ghz once my thermalright bracket arrive. 5.3ghz all core gives me 30k r23 but at 95+C. Compare to my old 12900k SP87 (99P 63E), this pre-binned chip is 10C cooler with better performance. I might consider selling it off if the offer is good cause I’m pretty bad in OC though.
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I’m going to try to achieve 5.4-5.5ghz once my thermalright bracket arrive. 5.3ghz all core gives me 30k r23 but at 95+C. Compare to my old 12900k SP87 (99P 63E), this pre-binned chip is 10C cooler with better performance. I might consider selling it off if the offer is good cause I’m pretty bad in OC though. View attachment 2560401
With that P-core SP, you can get at least $1,200 USD for it. I wouldn't hesitate to start selling it at $1,500 USD.
Better sooner than later, because once Raptor Lake comes out, the value will drop.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I will definitely let go if someone offer me $1500. I feel I’m not good enough to keep this. Do drop me a PM if anyone interested.
I think to really get the big bucks people will want to see what it actually does. Like can it run 54 or 55 for CB 23, CB20, CB15 etc. Maybe not but no way I would blind buy a cpu for that much. Big SP helps but only so much.
Should be easy to pass it off on eBay for $1,500 USD, with Best Offer available and screenshots of the ASUS BIOS with the SP scores.
Even if somebody tries to chop down the price, it would only be a few hundred off. So still a huge profit.
But I don't know how accessible eBay is for @chentj1988, since he is in Malaysia. Could try local markets instead, as cash is much easier to deal with, and buyers could physically witness him booting up the PC with the SP values on the screen.
Since he is thermally limited, it'll be impossible for him to test even beyond 5.3 GHz, so raw SP values would be the primary selling point.
One thing to check, however, is whether or not it has AVX-512 support. That should be easy enough to determine, and could sway some buyers.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Thermal Velocity Boost (TVB)—assuming that is what enables in your case (you aren't showing the entire list of limit reasons)—decreases core frequency if core temperature exceeds a certain threshold, which might not happen right away when benchmarking with water cooling. The obvious solution for preventing this behavior then is disabling TVB in BIOS, but then stability might be affected.
Yeah I see now. I will open it up with the arrow to see. Thermal velocity boost is disabled so not sure why it's showing at all???

·
Registered
15 Posts
5.4ghz (1.305v) all core Manual1.31v llc8 multi core R23 but thermal throttling. :( I can run Dota 2 without problem with this 5.4ghz. I set short duration to 260w but it wont help. Guess I will never get pass 5.4ghz without proper cooling. Not sure bout the potential of this CPU but i think it can go even higher if thermal is not the bottleneck of it.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yes there’s avx512 in my bios. What’s this for? 😅
AVX-512 will show up in the BIOS even if the chip doesn't have it; you have to actually activate it and check whether or not it shows up on the PC.
You can check by running HWiNFO and looking at the Features section in the Summary page. AVX-512 will be highlighted green if it's active.
You need to disable the E-cores, or AVX-512 is always disabled.

Essentially, AVX-512 allows the CPU to run much faster in a variety of different workloads when the E-cores are disabled. So more efficient P-cores.

·
Registered
15 Posts
AVX-512 will show up in the BIOS even if the chip doesn't have it; you have to actually activate it and check whether or not it shows up on the PC.
You can check by running HWiNFO and looking at the Features section in the Summary page. AVX-512 will be highlighted green if it's active.
You need to disable the E-cores, or AVX-512 is always disabled.

Essentially, AVX-512 allows the CPU to run much faster in a variety of different workloads when the E-cores are disabled. So more efficient P-cores.
Nope it’s not supported. :(

·
Because I was inverted...
946 Posts
P-core SP of 112 is golden; you shouldn't hesitate to push it to 5.4-5.5 GHz. Otherwise, you are probably wasting that performance.
You could also sell it for $1,200+ USD, buy another chip, and pocket the difference as profit.
Practically any 12900 K/KF/KS will run 5.2 GHz all-core without any difficulty.
For a 12900K/KF, yes that is pretty golden.

But SP 112 on a K/FK is a pretty average / slightly above average KS. A KS with a score of 100+ on the P cores is pretty equivalent of SP 112 K/KF. I Purchased 4 KS CPU's and 2 were over 100 on the P cores, and one was 98 (one was defective). Still, a KS at P 98, is roughly the same as an SP 112 K/KF.

The only way that CPU will sell for much more than a new KS is if you can show that it will run 5.6 all core at reasonable voltages as the overwhelming majority of 12900KS will run 5.4 @ 1.3-1.325v vcore (under load) and 5.5 ghz @ 1.35-1.375v vcore (again, under load).

So if he can show a 5.6/4.4ghz @ 1.38v or under while loaded, someone will buy it for big money; but it if is only running 5.4/4.3 at 1.3v+ then most likely $850-$950.

·
946 Posts
5.4ghz (1.305v) all core Manual1.31v llc8 multi core R23 but thermal throttling. :( I can run Dota 2 without problem with this 5.4ghz. I set short duration to 260w but it wont help. Guess I will never get pass 5.4ghz without proper cooling. Not sure bout the potential of this CPU but i think it can go even higher if thermal is not the bottleneck of it.
What is the minimum core voltage you need to pass R23 at 5.4ghz on the P cores and 4.3ghz E cores? Not what is set in the bios, but what is the actual core voltage on the cores under load.

If you are thermally throttling try 5.3/4.3

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Nope it’s not supported. :(
Did you disable the E-cores first? AVX-512 does not support the E-cores, and will remain disabled if they are active.
For a 12900K/KF, yes that is pretty golden.

But SP 112 on a K/FK is a pretty average / slightly above average KS. A KS with a score of 100+ on the P cores is pretty equivalent of SP 112 K/KF. I Purchased 4 KS CPU's and 2 were over 100 on the P cores, and one was 98 (one was defective). Still, a KS at P 98, is roughly the same as an SP 112 K/KF.

The only way that CPU will sell for much more than a new KS is if you can show that it will run 5.6 all core at reasonable voltages as the overwhelming majority of 12900KS will run 5.4 @ 1.3-1.325v vcore (under load) and 5.5 ghz @ 1.35-1.375v vcore (again, under load).

So if he can show a 5.6/4.4ghz @ 1.38v or under while loaded, someone will buy it for big money; but it if is only running 5.4/4.3 at 1.3v+ then most likely $850-$950.
Welp, looks like there is some depreciation going on already, with more and more KSes out in the wild. The KSes are overall easier to bin, after all.
That makes it even more imperative to have AVX-512 support, since the KS (and newer K/KFs) does not have it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1.252v underload 5.3/4.3 passed. I tried lower 10mv and r23 shows error message. I guess my sample is quite good but not the godlike type. I’m keen to keep this cpu. The temp is so much better than my SP87 12900k.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
1.252v underload 5.3/4.3 passed. I tried lower 10mv and r23 shows error message. I guess my sample is quite good but not the godlike type. I’m keen to keep this cpu. The temp is so much better than my SP87 12900k.
P-core SP of 110+ on a K/KF is golden. You can probably do 5.4-5.5 with up to 1.35-1.40V Vcore. But you'd need to be able to cool it.
If you temporarily disable the E-cores, that'll give you some thermal headroom.

·
946 Posts
hmm... Looks like you are still throttling a little bit somewhere, that CB R23 score is pretty low for 5.3/4.3. Here is my SP 94 (P 103 / E 77) 12900KS, 5.3/4.3, loaded MB defaults, only set llc at -50% droop (EVGA), and static clocks at 5.3/4.3. (Default cache/ring, memory on defaults); full fat Windows 11 Pro, normal priority.

1.230v v-core under load, 360mm AIO

If we go by the “KS P score + 10 points = K/KF” rule, I am at 113 p core, and ran a full 20mv lower than your 112 CPU. I think that in all reality a +15/20 to the P score is a little more accurate. Not trying to discourage you here. You won the lottery, 100% hands down; but I think the days for $1000+ K/KF CPU’s are pretty much over, especially if they don’t have AVX512 support.

I’d keep that CPU, radically improve your cooling system, and win.

Font Screenshot Software Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I like 7000mhz on the memory more than all core 5.5ghz. Gaming performance is in the memory performance :)

I have Threadripper for Cinebench :p

·
946 Posts
I like 7000mhz on the memory more than all core 5.5ghz. Gaming performance is in the memory performance :)

I have Threadripper for Cinebench :p
same here, but I am having trouble with 7000C30 1T, 6800C30 1T was a breeze, but finding the right combo to run 7000C30 1T at voltages and temps that are 24/7 friendly is proving to be a challenge.

mind posting your 24/7 memory timings and voltages?

Here is where I am at currently, almost stable... Will pass y-cruncher 2.5b on a loop, but will kick out a few errors on a 1 hour pass of TM5. I might have to do some tuning on my sub-timings and loosen things up a bit and get the voltage back down below 1.55v.

Mem VDD: 1.6v
MemVDDQ: 1.55v
VDD2 (MC on Asus): 1.55v
VDDQ TX (IVR on Asus): 1.35v
SA: Auto (0.943v)

Computer Font Screenshot Software Technology

Here is my 6800C301T fully stable profile:

Mem VDD: 1.52v
MemVDDQ: 1.52v
VDD2 (MC on Asus): Auto (1.5v)
VDDQ TX (IVR on Asus): 1.35v
SA: Auto (0.943v)

Computer Blue Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nahhh I like the way you explain it. I’m not here for making money or competition. I’m here to learn. So assume I want to do 5.3ghz for daily usage, my Vmin is 1.252v, what’s your recommended voltage & llc setting in my bios? Assume I ignore the thermal throttling problem in stress test. And what else I can do to decrease my temp? I ordered thermalright cpu bracket. Not sure if it helps. My system is water looped with 3 360 radiators.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Nahhh I like the way you explain it. I’m not here for making money or competition. I’m here to learn. So assume I want to do 5.3ghz for daily usage, my Vmin is 1.252v, what’s your recommended voltage & llc setting in my bios? Assume I ignore the thermal throttling problem in stress test. And what else I can do to decrease my temp? I ordered thermalright cpu bracket. Not sure if it helps. My system is water looped with 3 360 radiators.
LLC is up to you, but for ASUS, 4 is more or less ideal for a daily system. You may have to raise Vcore to compensate for the Vdroop. (It's fine to do so; don't think too hard about it.)
Kill the E-cores, and you'll have more thermal headroom. Otherwise, not much you can do besides better cooling.

5721 - 5740 of 5907 Posts