Overclock.net banner
5741 - 5760 of 5906 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
LLC is up to you, but for ASUS, 4 is more or less ideal for a daily system. You may have to raise Vcore to compensate for the Vdroop. (It's fine to do so; don't think too hard about it.)
Kill the E-cores, and you'll have more thermal headroom. Otherwise, not much you can do besides better cooling.
I will probably disable the E-core as my main purpose is to play game with it. Need to spend more time test out the setting. Did you delid your 12900? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
same here, but I am having trouble with 7000C30 1T, 6800C30 1T was a breeze, but finding the right combo to run 7000C30 1T at voltages and temps that are 24/7 friendly is proving to be a challenge.

mind posting your 24/7 memory timings and voltages?

Here is where I am at currently, almost stable... Will pass y-cruncher 2.5b on a loop, but will kick out a few errors on a 1 hour pass of TM5. I might have to do some tuning on my sub-timings and loosen things up a bit and get the voltage back down below 1.55v.

Mem VDD: 1.6v
MemVDDQ: 1.55v
VDD2 (MC on Asus): 1.55v
VDDQ TX (IVR on Asus): 1.35v
SA: Auto (0.943v)

View attachment 2560456

Here is my 6800C301T fully stable profile:

Mem VDD: 1.52v
MemVDDQ: 1.52v
VDD2 (MC on Asus): Auto (1.5v)
VDDQ TX (IVR on Asus): 1.35v
SA: Auto (0.943v)

View attachment 2560457
Why tm5 extreme is only 27m? At least 1 hour. And y cruncher for 7000c30 is kinda low. Not sure because u run 5.2 core and 2600 ring or what.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I will probably disable the E-core as my main purpose is to play game with it. Need to spend more time test out the setting. Did you delid your 12900? Is it worth it?
@sugi0lover knows much more about the differences of Stock vs Relid Liquid Metal vs Direct Die, but it essentially goes from Stock > -10C > -17C (total values). So it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Why tm5 extreme is only 27m? At least 1 hour. And y cruncher for 7000c30 is kinda low. Not sure because u run 5.2 core and 2600 ring or what.
I'd imagine he's trying to test the ram and making sure his ring clock isn't causing any crashes, and forgot to set it back before running the tests lol

Probably part of the reason his Y Cruncher is looking weird.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
59s is pretty normal score for 52 p core clocks on y cruncher with e cores enabled.

You need to disable e cores and use avx to get sub 56s.

Ring at 2600 I would guess is because he is not running static clocks and some power saving feature enabled in Windows. Mine will show 3600 when not using static clocks on some runs using High Performance Power Plan.

·
Because I was inverted...
946 Posts
that depends entirely on which profile you run. The 1usmus v3 heats the memory up a lot hotter than the old Anita extreme or even absolute. I generally run tm5 for 30 min to run the memory hot and then HCI to over 1500% which is at least 12 hours.

y-chruncher was cpu all stock with other things running, like xtu, hwinfo, etc.

·
Because I was inverted...
946 Posts
59s is pretty normal score for 52 p core clocks on y cruncher with e cores enabled.

You need to disable e cores and use avx to get sub 56s.

Ring at 2600 I would guess is because he is not running static clocks and some power saving feature enabled in Windows. Mine will show 3600 when not using static clocks on some runs using High Performance Power Plan.
Ring was stock; so 3800 ghz on the 7000c30, and 4.5 on the 6800c30 run. (It is in the SS, not sure where he got 2600)

TBH, I wasn’t really going for speed, just using it as a stability checker. Pretty sure I had hwinfo, xtu, EVGA’s in OS OC tool, note pad, Aida 64 etc. all open and full fat Win 11 pro.

I shocked it was below 60s to be honest….

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
@bscool Holy cow. I actually managed to boot 4,000 MHz with four DIMMs on Gear 1. Terrible timings, but it's a start.

Gonna see if I can tighten these bad boys to any meaningful extent.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm trying to play with some undervolting on my 12900K and I cant seem to find a similar setting that is found in XTU which is Core Voltage Offset and I am using an Asus Z690 Strix D4. Can anyone point me to the right setting name on this mobo?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Well here it is ....max turbo limits ??
Font Technology Screenshot Number Pattern

·
Registered
407 Posts
Max turbo limit simply means that the highest frequency the processor can go has been reached. If it's lower than what you configured, possibly it could have to do with AVX instructions (used during Cinebench) which by default on the 12900K can go to 51x maximum. I'm not sure about the KS model. You might have to check out AVX offsets on your motherboard to work around this limit. Perhaps you're better off asking other users who have this or similar Asus motherboards in this regard.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
@mike7877 @bscool @Groove2013 Stabilized 4,000 MHz Gear 1 with 4x8 GB Samsung B-die Single Rank, on the MSI Edge:

It was not easy. VDIMM could probably go lower; VCCSA is most likely tacked at that value (and that's with a binned DDR4 IMC).
Two mixed Samsung B-die kits from different manufacturers (Galax and Team Group), so the RTLs are displaced.

Those are pretty much the tightest timings I can slap on these DIMMs in 4x8 configuration. In 2x8, I can tighten them even further for both kits.
tCL is basically impossible at 15, and many of the other primaries/secondaries can be tightened further, but they will fail y-cruncher.
(Haven't tested higher multipliers or with E-cores on because it's only running with an NH-D15 for now... Water loop will come in a few weeks.)

If anyone's been hoping to run quad DIMMs on Gear 1, there is certainly hope.
I don't know whether the MSI Edge is Daisy Chain or T-Topology, but it's certainly feeling like a T-Topo to me right now. Or good enough to be one.
And for those curious, on Gear 2, it can boot 4x8 with Samsung B-die up to 4,400 MHz. 4,533 will POST but fail to reach Windows. With 2x8, max is 5,000+ MHz.
I expect even better results with my Micron B-die 4x16 GB kit once I actually get around to testing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Max turbo limit simply means that the highest frequency the processor can go has been reached. If it's lower than what you configured, possibly it could have to do with AVX instructions (used during Cinebench) which by default on the 12900K can go to 51x maximum. I'm not sure about the KS model. You might have to check out AVX offsets on your motherboard to work around this limit. Perhaps you're better off asking other users who have this or similar Asus motherboards in this regard.

Yeah it's always at 5.5G...never drops below. I never configured loadline stuff thats maybe why the its not showing the right watts...I set llc to 6 and left the rest at auto...

Also avx offsets are 0

Does anyone know what's the right settings for LLC4 or LLC6? Ia ac ia dc?

5741 - 5760 of 5906 Posts