Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got me an X2 4200 Toledo today. So far I have gotten it to 2420 on stock volts. I'm taking it nice and easy.
I'll update some more.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Didn't know they made Toledo 4200+s. Must have half of the cache disabled. Sounds good, keep us posted

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaKing
Didn't know they made Toledo 4200+s. Must have half of the cache disabled. Sounds good, keep us posted

Ya I think they do have half of the cache disabled. So far so good. Up to 2530 on stock voltage! Running dual prime95. I been priming for about 15-20 minutes and then bumping up the cpu. And I thought I would be happy hitting 2.6 or 2.7.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's 2640 on stock volts!!! I might have lucked into a good stepping!!
35C load temps with dual prime95 running.
I'll keep going.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Booted up at 2750 on stock volts or 1.32 and prime failed on 1 core in 5 minutes. I'm priming it now at 2750 @ 1.35vcore.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy Moly!!! 2860 on 1.35 vcore! I love this cpu.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a memory tab. I got it on a small divider. Its DDR500 but errors in memtest over 250. So I"m keeping it at 250 or lower just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Did you lower your htt to 3x after you pasted 250fsb. you also might want to loosen your memory to 3 4 4 8 it might get you stable, also what kind of chips are on that memory??

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrabb1920
Did you lower your htt to 3x after you pasted 250fsb. you also might want to loosen your memory to 3 4 4 8 it might get you stable, also what kind of chips are on that memory??
So far so good on the memory timings. But I'll definitly keep an eye on them. As far as the chips on them I don't know they have heat spreaders on them. Just Geil Ultra DDR500. I think NCSA had told me they were Hynix (SP?). I almost forgot to lower the htt to 3x. I'm gonna see if I can hit 3ghz.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie5000
So far so good on the memory timings. But I'll definitly keep an eye on them. As far as the chips on them I don't know they have heat spreaders on them. Just Geil Ultra DDR500. I think NCSA had told me they were Hynix (SP?). I almost forgot to lower the htt to 3x. I'm gonna see if I can hit 3ghz.

What vdimm are you running with that ram?.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its rated 2.8-3.1

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
So if you haven't increased it yet then more will help alot of times to get it stable, just don't exceed its max limits and maybe put some active cooling over them.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 51 Posts