Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So I've overclocked my 3700+ SD CPU to 220 Mhz, (it's not much, but it's something) in the BIOS. Then, when I go and check my CPU clock, it says that it's only clocked at 2.2 Ghz???? Shouldn't it be something like 2.4 Ghz??? I saved everything I did in the BIOS but it still shows up as 2.2 Ghz with 200 Mhz.

So, can anyone tell me why this is happening?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Whats your CPU's multi set at? If it is on Auto, set it to the highest possible. Should be 11 I think.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
where are you going to check the clock speed? and yes it should say around 2.4ghz....

PS: fill out your systemspecs under USERCP....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I've downloaded CPU-Z and checked out my CPU clock. It's still 2.2Ghz...
Even in the BIOS when it says it's clocked at 220 Mhz. Also, i've been using AI Booster to overclock my CPU, i've noticed that it starts out as 2.4Ghz (Where it should be) and then jumps back down to 2.2 Ghz, Ok.....Oh, I've also had my case changed a few days ago and back then my CPU was clocked at 2.5 Ghz, but after I got it changed to the one i have now i've been having this problem since. I don't know how it could affect my CPU but i just thought i should bring it up. BTW i didn't add any new components, just a simple case switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.