Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be good (if you don't already have this). To have a Database with everyones rig in it that you can search for overclocking results scores and info. Just a database, you know what i'm saying. like on futuremark.com, that sought of thing (try and include more results than futuremark on the one page). That would just boost this sight so much. If you already have one, then it's hiding and no one can find it.

Thanks, I hope you consider doing this. Great feature to have

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

It would be good (if you don't already have this). To have a Database with everyones rig in it that you can search for overclocking results scores and info. Just a database, you know what i'm saying. like on futuremark.com, that sought of thing (try and include more results than futuremark on the one page). That would just boost this sight so much. If you already have one, then it's hiding and no one can find it.

www.overclockers.com have an extensive overclocking database. But I and alot of peeps would love to see one here on oc.net. It seems that such an extensive community deserves its own database but thats for admin to decide. anyway check out that link, it certainly is interesting just to see how far you can push certain cpu's.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

We have discussed this in the past. Everyone thought it was a good idea, but i think it got put on the back burner for a while because the site was going through a lot of changes and upgrades at the time.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
I agree that overclockers.com is a cool site, but I really don't trust a lot of the stuff on there, and it would be better for us to have 1 that we all can add that can be reliable and helpful

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you heard them admin, why don't you consider. I know that in google searches i always search for overclocking databases so if this site had one, it would attract more people. In the end it is your choice, and people on this site trust you to make the right choice, and a choice that everyone will agree on. That is what makes a site good.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about my effort for bringing this up ay. Without me you would probably be waiting alot longer.

To show your respect then give me some reps. Holy crap, the first time i've ever asked for reputaion points.

About the new database. Okay. I noticed on 2 databases i've seen where there are so many CPU choices. That's good but also have some wider things. For example.

The choices are:

Defined CPU: 3.2Ghz Prescott S478
3.4Ghz Prescott S478
3.6Ghz Prescott S478
2.8Ghz Prescott LGA775
3.0Ghz Prescott LGA775 (and so one, being specific of the CPU)

Then if the viewer/searcher doesn't wont to be that specific and wants a wider range of results, then you can have a choice below that one that has a choice of "cores"

Core Selection: Northwood
Prescott S478
Prescott LGA775
Barton
Thourerbread (not spelt like that)
Palamino (and so on, being specific only of the cores)

The next choice can be a choice of speed range where the user can type in the minimum and maximum Mhz of the CPU's that would like to view.

Speeds: 3000Mhz - 4500Mz (and so on)

I strongly recommend those and other Choices from a user point of view. I hope you take those suggestions into account.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you keep us updated admin on how things are going towards the database. About my last post, i recommend those becuase if you've seen overclocker.com's database, the layout it really bad. You have to choose a specific CPU you can't type in clockspeeds or choose cores.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

also how about having it on the hompepage so it can attract a lot of visitors

People love to show off there overclocks and it gets a little frustratingon this site that there's no where to be able to just post your results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.