Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
System specs:

C2D E7300, 4 X 1GB CORSAIR XMS2c4 DDR2-800MHZ, ASUS P5B (STD VERSION), 650W SLI CORSAIR, ASUS 9800GTX+
ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER PRO7.

Hello, pretty new to OCing, so would appreciate a little advice on my rig that i've just Oced to make sure i'm going the right way and not going to end up with a smoking CPU!, Any advice would be much appreciated.

All i have done so far is change the multiplier to X10 and the frequency to 333 (10 x 333 = 3.3ghz) whilst increasing the core voltage to 1.125v giving me the above speed according to Everest Ultimate edition.

Dram frequency = 333mhz giving the 1:1 fsb/dram ratio.

Just a little worried that i have reached a reasonable speed with doing so little, surely there must be more to it, idle temps are 33/34 for the two cores, yet the cpu temp reading in everest is around 47 idle, would this be okay?

If anyone has and ideas to improve the machine further that would be great.

Thanks In advance Martin.

·
Registered
776 Posts
You will probably need to bump up the voltage a little more to make it 24/7 prime stable but the e7300 is super easy to overclock. Check the thread in my sig(overclocking the e7300 for some other folks results). You may want to reseat your cooling with that idle heat though. Mine tends to sit around 37-39 at 1.1875v 333x10

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinitegrim View Post
what are your load temps? 47C seems high for idle, are you using stock cooling?
Thanks for replying, No im using an Arctic freezer 7 Pro cooler, the idle temp i quoted was the cpu temp from everest ultimate, should i be quoting the cores temps? as these were much lower at about 37 degrees.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Use Coretemp (program) to measure the temps. 37c sounds perfectly normal. 1.18v is a really low voltage, you could safely up it to 1.25v and see how much higher you can get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
Use Coretemp (program) to measure the temps. 37c sounds perfectly normal. 1.18v is a really low voltage, you could safely up it to 1.25v and see how much higher you can get.
Sorry vcore voltage is actually 1.21v, idle temp is 42 (everest cpu) coretemp is 30/31 now running @3.4 (10x340fsb), tryed 8 x 425 earlier and failed to post, should i always use the max multiplier(10)??

sorry if im asking obvious questions but im new to all this !!!

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
If your going for the highest clock use the highest multi. But if you lower your multi you can increase your fsb substantially get a decent clock speed and need way less voltage and generate alot less heat. Try 400x8 3.2ghz with a 1600fsb same voltage. then try 10x333 3.33ghz with a 1333fsb see what works best for you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts