Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to use Afterburner, but i have another question that is probably my last:

my gpu is going to be at 780 Core Clock (stock), so when i raise it 10 by 10, so when i raise it to 790, how long should i stress test it?

i realize when it's where i want it to be (900) i should test it for about 15minutes (if i'm correct?) but how long should i test it when i just wanna find instability/artifacts when in the process of tweaking and working towards the desired level

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
When I am OCing my cards, I keep upping the core with a test running in the background until I get artifacts or a crash. I then dial it back a bit and run a longer stress test and play some games. So my answer to the question would be about a minute.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I usually do 3-5 minutes for cores and 5-10 minutes for shaders. If it is towards the beginning of the OC I do a bit less. I'm not really sure if there is an "accepted" amount of time for GPU stress testing.

As mentioned above, I'll run Furmark or something similar in the background to wait and see for artifacts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it matter if it's full screen or not? (the furmark)

i like that idea, to keep the furmark running the whole time

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
I run it windowed so that I can keep an eye on temperatures (VRMs etc) and manipulate the clocks at the same time. For the final test I run it full screen. I'm not saying that this is the right way to do it, just the way I do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts