Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II SOC.

Without touching the voltage I have it overclocked to 820MHz core/1640MHz shader/3600MHz memory. I also turned auto fan control off and set the fan to 100%.

How long should I test stability with kombustor?

Any recommended clock speeds?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about raising the voltage when it is unstable? I can raise the voltage up to 1.087v in MSI Afterburner. By default the voltage is 1.025v.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you can raise the voltages, 1087mV is the max afterburner allows unless you unlock it in the BIOS.

Both of my cards are stable at 850MHz with 1062mV.

Anything above that will cause the driver to crash when stress testing, one of my cards may be holding the other back when in SLI, but i am happy with this OC.

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
You should be able to push your clocks higher, normally stock volts can OC between 850~900 depending on the chip you get.

With my card I can hit [email protected] 1.000v (stock volts) without breaking a sweat. You card has better cooling than mine so yours should push higher easy. I would suggest you get some mem and vrm heatsinks though if you plan on pushing 900 and above, that's what I did. I'm happy sitting at [email protected] for my 460.

Another good thing to do is fix your fan profile in MSI Afterburner (unless your ok running at 100% which is fine).

Good luck with your OC and have fun bro! Sweet card by the way!

Oh yeah as for testing in Kombustor, a minimum of 15 minutes should be good!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got my card stable at 850/1700/3800 with stock voltage. I might try lowering the voltage since the heat that comes off this card causes my H50 cooled CPU temps to go up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts