Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok like this isn't asking for ocing help, cause I know how to OC lol. But I am using my ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO with onboard 4200 till I can RMA my 4890, so I cant use Formula IV for a while.

AOD is a fail for me, I am done using it. I have over volted through it and got a stable 4.0ghz.

my question is. What OC software would be good to over volt my CPU since I cant do it from the board. Should I use like ASUS Turbo V? or something like that. Since the board is made to work with Turbo V

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
So what are you saying you normally Oc with the buttons on the crosshair?

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
You shouldn't use software to overclock, you should use your BIOS.
What did I just say. I cant Overvolt from the Bios on this board.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
So what are you saying you normally Oc with the buttons on the crosshair?

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk
I am using a different board till I RMA my ATi 4890

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
I'm confused. How are you unable to over volt your voltages via BIOS? Especially on the CH IV?

EDIT: Pardon my quick skim - I didn't realize you were on another board until just now. I'd say AOD is probably your best bet - but since you're not too keen on it try Easy Tune (I have no idea what Easy Tune does but I know others have used it for software overclocking).

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
I'm confused. How are you unable to over volt your voltages via BIOS? Especially on the CH IV?

EDIT: Pardon my quick skim - I didn't realize you were on another board until just now. I'd say AOD is probably your best bet - but since you're not too keen on it try Easy Tune (I have no idea what Easy Tune does but I know others have used it for software overclocking).
I am using Asus turbo V right now since the board has a Turbo V chip in it, to work with Turbo V. Its coming along ok. trying to beat my 4.0ghz record

1 - 8 of 8 Posts