Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am using my old PC for a while, and i was thinking about overclocking the graphics card on it. It has a - GeForce2 MX 200 64MB (in a PCI slot) and i wanna make it as fast as possible. Here is the system setup:

CPU: Intel Celeron 1302MHz
RAM: 376MB PC133 SDRAM
Mobo: VIA VT8601T Apollo PLE133T

The current clock speeds for the card are -

Engine: 176MHz
Memory: 166Mhz

I've heard other people getting the memory up to 200MHz with no problems but i just wanna know what would be the fastest recommended (safest) speeds. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im testing in CS 1.6, will artifacts be noticable? So far ive clocked up to 175MHz memory clock, and i havnt noticed much difference except a more stable fps (90 - 105)

I am also unsure about temperature. Is there any program to tell me my graphics card temp. Thanks again!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I recommend you use a program that is in realtime or a artifact scanner when I get back to my computer Ill tell yo the link. If you have a ATI card use ATI tool just google it. :shades2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went up to 185MHz, my FPS was slightly higher than before, not very much noticably but performance was jilty (like cs:s
), not very jilty but enough to put me off for a bit. Ill try at it again tommorow but is this jiltyness meaning the card is getting hot or anything. I also saw no problems, no artifacts or weird colours. Thanks for help so far
!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts