Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new here. been reading up on overclocking for a few days now and just looking for some help if you wouldnt mind.
i was going to buy a new computer but i decided to squeeze some more life out of this thing but i want more performance.

i have
x5470 xeon 771 - 775 modded chip
coolermaster water cooler 120 temps sit at 22 - 28 on idle
Gigabyte ep45-ud3p mother board
2 x 2g kinston ddr2 1066mhz
2 x 2g kingston ddr2 800mhz
gf 730 2g video

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP45-UD3P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5470 @ 3.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 2704MB used, 13674MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

i would like to at least get to 4ghz + more if i can?
i know how to turn the clock up in bios but im just not to sure about the amount of voltage or if i should leave it in auto?

also with my ram i have 2 sticks of 1066 and 2 sticks of 800 can these be overclocked?

anyway if some one could help me out with some of the other setting i should change or voltages it would be really helpfull. i think i have enough cooling for it.
water cooled cpu with 4 case fans
thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
set your cpu vcore to 1.25v to start. for 4.0. you may have to go up. my x5470 will do 4.0 at that voltage but i've seen others have to go higher.
cpu term 1.3
fsb 1.4 don't go higher. after you find your stable max overclock you can try 1.3 but with 4 sticks of memory you'll prolly need 1.4v
set all other voltages to normal. do not leave them in auto as the board will set them higher than they need to be.

one thing you may have trouble with is if the timings on your 2 different types of ram is different your stuck that way. your best off to manually set your ram timings for overclocking your cpu and if there different that might not work out

make sure to adjust your memory latch to keep your ram speed as close to stock speed without going over. at 4.0 your fsb will be 400 so youll be at exactly 800. once you go over 400fsb you'll have to back it down under stock until you find your max overclock then you can try setting it to the lowest setting over stock and bump up your ram voltage and test for stability again. if your kingston ram is value ram i wouldnt try going over stock speed at all since you may not be able to manually set timings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts