Overclock.net banner

761 - 780 of 801 Posts

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Run a memory test as well since VccIO also powers the IMC to make sure that the IMC is still getting enough juice. Looking good so far.
I ran Karhu memory test....about 6.5hrs. I used the Enable Cache and Stress FPU. That got me to around 12000%.

I then ran TM5(1Usmus config), 25 passes, almost 4.5hrs:

Looks stable to me....:D

Couple of questions.....why are there two entries in HWiNFO64 for Vcore?

If I want to tighten the ram timings, are these the voltages that I need to pay attention to?:

Vcore
DDR
VCCA
VCCIO

I'm pretty happy with 4.9ghz. I do a lot of GPU benchmarking and I want to keep the core speed the same. I've tested every nvidia driver released this year. Most of those were on my 3700x. I ran it 200mhz under the boost clock of 4.4. So, 4.9 is also 200mhz under the boost of 5.1 for the 10700k. I know they aren't 100% comparable, but that's the way I would like to do my testing.

What are the max voltages that are 24/7 safe for VCCA/VCCIO?

Do you know of a good guide to tighten timings? I've looked through the Intel Memory thread, but just too many posts to read them all. Just a starting point would be good.

Guess I had more than just a couple of questions...lol

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ran Karhu memory test....about 6.5hrs. I used the Enable Cache and Stress FPU. That got me to around 12000%.

I then ran TM5(1Usmus config), 25 passes, almost 4.5hrs:

Looks stable to me....:D

Couple of questions.....why are there two entries in HWiNFO64 for Vcore?

If I want to tighten the ram timings, are these the voltages that I need to pay attention to?:

Vcore
DDR
VCCA
VCCIO

I'm pretty happy with 4.9ghz. I do a lot of GPU benchmarking and I want to keep the core speed the same. I've tested every nvidia driver released this year. Most of those were on my 3700x. I ran it 200mhz under the boost clock of 4.4. So, 4.9 is also 200mhz under the boost of 5.1 for the 10700k. I know they aren't 100% comparable, but that's the way I would like to do my testing.

What are the max voltages that are 24/7 safe for VCCA/VCCIO?

Do you know of a good guide to tighten timings? I've looked through the Intel Memory thread, but just too many posts to read them all. Just a starting point would be good.

Guess I had more than just a couple of questions...lol

Thanks
looks good. Yep those are the voltages for tuning ddr4. For vcore in hwinfo64 you will want to pay attention to VROUT as that is the vcore that the chip is actually receiving.

Google "github ddr4 guide" for memory tuning.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Seems getting TVB stable was harder than I thought.

+2 boost profile with vcore maxing out at 1.465 hwinfo socket sense is not stable at medium loads.

Trying to lower temp thresholds manually seems to help since the core will boost to 5.2 less.

5.1 on the other hand seems very stable at the same max voltage interpolated by the board to around 1.42v.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Vccio for imc? Where writes this thing? Vccsa is for imc PCIe controller, vccio is for controller I/O

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Protip:
After a delid, do NOT apply glue or adhesive.
Apply four drops/dabs of a vicious/thick thermal paste on each corner of the IHS instead.
Kryonaut works if you have nothing else, but better is IC diamond, Phobya Nanogrease Extreme, Gel Maker nano, or especially Thermalright TFX or the good old Arctic Ceramique v1.
That keeps your IHS from shifting around when mounting it, while also making new delids brainless.
Hi Falknetyne and everyone in this forum! I am new to both this forum and OCing and I too have a 10700k. Somewhere in this forum, I saw some walkthrough, or suggested methodology that you shared with the forum mentioned as a 'guide' to start OC-ing this CPU. I saw that mentioned in one of the many posts I have read (I went through almost all 30+ pages) but can't find it. . . Is there any way you could point me to it please?

I have been OC-ing and stress testing my poor CPU over the last couple of days and would like to read through your guide before retrying and then posting with questions. No, I did not win the lottery (neither the silicon, nor the state lottery) but I want to understand how far I can take this processor before I ask 'him' for too much.

I was not sure at which point in this long thread to jump in, so I picked this spot. Look forward to your suggestions and, by the way, great thread everyone! :)

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,163 Posts
Hi Falknetyne and everyone in this forum! I am new to both this forum and OCing and I too have a 10700k. Somewhere in this forum, I saw some walkthrough, or suggested methodology that you shared with the forum mentioned as a 'guide' to start OC-ing this CPU. I saw that mentioned in one of the many posts I have read (I went through almost all 30+ pages) but can't find it. . . Is there any way you could point me to it please?

I have been OC-ing and stress testing my poor CPU over the last couple of days and would like to read through your guide before retrying and then posting with questions. No, I did not win the lottery (neither the silicon, nor the state lottery) but I want to understand how far I can take this processor before I ask 'him' for too much.

I was not sure at which point in this long thread to jump in, so I picked this spot. Look forward to your suggestions and, by the way, great thread everyone! :)
theres a new feature of oc thats extension of the current one for gaming orientated. while also maintaining stability with lower clocks on full workload scenarios...its called octvb. the varying factor i would say is the mobo manufacturer vrm.. with loadline auto.. to get it correct on the cpu vid.

how easy is this.. super. literally just put a number and based on temps u will hit all core boost clocks that you can limit on different number of core load.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

Just joined the overclockers forum. I wanted to share my results overclocking my 10700k, ask what you guys think about my results for 24/7 and share my experience with others so that they might learn something or just compare.

System:
MSI MPG Z490 gaming edge wifi
4x16gb 3600mhz cl16 ripjaws v from g skill
6800xt merc 319
1TB nvme pcie 3.0
H115 elite capellix
Lancool 215, replaced front fans with 3x QL120

Current overclock settings:
Cpu ratio: 50
Cache ratio:46
Avx offset: 0
Vcore override: 1.275 (edit: 1.270v after more testing)
SA: 1.25 manual
IO: 1.2 manual
LLC: Level 2
Dynamic core ratio enabled

with this configuration, I’m able to run aida64 for hours without errors, temps in the mid 70s. I can run prime95 small FFTs with avx2 for hours with no errors in prime, no WHEA errors or freezes for at least 2 hours. Temperature in the low/mid 90s for the hottest core. Pic attached.

do you guys think this is a good configuration for 24/7? I know that with this config my cpu crashes at 1.25v, it passes with 1.275 as shown, still have to test the values in between. I’m also able to pass every AVX test for hours at 1.215v with a 49 multiplier and temps topping at high 70s in prime95 with avx. I’m wondering if you think if I got good silicon. Also, do you think it’s fine to dial back the pump and fans to “balanced” after I validate my overclock with these extreme tests? My normal usage isn’t intense since I only game, so I doubt having everything to the Max will help at all.

I kinda wanna try 5.1ghz but if it thermally throttles or doesn’t pass AVX torture tests then I don’t wanna do it. At most I would do 5.1 with -1 AVX offset, but my current config with 1.3v caps at 97c so I doubt I will be able to accomplish my goals given that most people need a lot more voltage for 5.1.

My experience:
I had it running with the 49 core ratio config with a noctua nh-d14. Prime95 avx topped at high 90s, close to throttle. Anything more than 1.215v would just throttle because of high temps. Since I really wanted to pass the AVX tests I didn’t push further. I’m not sure if my noctua cooler was just bad or something but resetting it many times and using kryonaut just didn’t help. Upgrading to the elite capellix dropped my temps by 20ish degrees when all fans are set to Max and the pump to “extreme”.

Thanks

New stable settings(edit):
Cpu ratio: 50
Cache ratio:46
Avx offset: 0
Vcore override: 1.270
SA: 1.15
IO: 1.1
LLC: Level 3

Apparently lowering the SA and IO voltages made my top temperature drop by 3-4c. My room is about 1-2 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than yesterday, but I don't think that explains a 3-4 celcius drop. My water and max core temps are both 3-4c lower. I'm 2 hours in into prime95 small ffts with avx

·
Registered
2 Posts
theres a new feature of oc thats extension of the current one for gaming orientated. while also maintaining stability with lower clocks on full workload scenarios...its called octvb. the varying factor i would say is the mobo manufacturer vrm.. with loadline auto.. to get it correct on the cpu vid.

how easy is this.. super. literally just put a number and based on temps u will hit all core boost clocks that you can limit on different number of core load.
This sounds interesting! How does octvb compare to example overclocking using an offset like +1 or 2 for cores oc?

Is there some guide for 10700k with msi mb octvb or could you give some more details? Just put in a number is a bit vague.

Interested to try this out because my 10700k is terrible all core oc (4.9 is max my fuma2 can cool running linpack).

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,163 Posts
This sounds interesting! How does octvb compare to example overclocking using an offset like +1 or 2 for cores oc?

Is there some guide for 10700k with msi mb octvb or could you give some more details? Just put in a number is a bit vague.

Interested to try this out because my 10700k is terrible all core oc (4.9 is max my fuma2 can cool running linpack).
octvb without v/f (asus) err gonna be difficult

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,163 Posts

ok i though if somthing.
you know your vmin right

for manual vcore

find the same Loadline with vcore auto that gets you the same vmin for that 4.9ghz

after than use that loadline with vcore auto
set all core 51
octvb
set core 1-4 Temp A 80 offset 1 temp B Auto
set core 5-8 Temp A 70 offset 1 temp B 80

i do not know whether msi will set cstate etc etc to work on auto for octvb to function

but thats the best guide for any aib. intel vid up to 5.1 pretty much accurate

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Looking for some help or guidance here.

I recently moved from a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX to a Asus Z490 Hero Maximus XII and I'm having a problem dialing in power.

I'm running almost the same exact settings as I was running:

4.9 all core
1.2 Vcore
4000mhz Memory
1.2 VCCSA
1.15 VCCIO

I have the Intel limits disabled in the bios, and have changed just about everything to extreme in the Digi+VRM.

Here is where it gets a bit odd to me.

I've basically been using Linx and Linpack Extreme to test with. On the Asus board, if I leave the core voltage at 1.2 the system will draw about 165w. If I set the Vcore to say 1.3 it will draw about 180w...give or take. On the Gigabyte board with the same settings(1.2v) I was seeing over 200w.

This is where I get baffled...the results. Something seems off, but can't figure it out.

There shouldn't be a world I live in where a $210.00 board out performs a $370.00 board.o_O

Any help would be appreciated. (y)

Here are my current settings...I think I have the Vcore set to 1.275:

Attachments

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,937 Posts
Try setting these to their maximal values instead of auto:

Long Duration Package Power Limit [Auto]
Package Power Time Window [Auto]
Short Duration Package Power Limit [Auto]

In particular the Time Window to 448

Here are mine:

CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max. [245.50]
Long Duration Package Power Limit [252]
Package Power Time Window [448]
Short Duration Package Power Limit [320]

You can also use HWINOF64 to see what is throttling.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Changed and ran just one pass of LinpackX.....

Results w/HWiNFO64:

That's with 1.275 Vcore with LLC6 set. Under load Vcore and VID are right at 1.2v. It did pull 185w...not sure if that's because of the Vcore or the settings I changed though.

EDIT: Got it figured out....let just say it was a EBKAM(Error Between Keyboard and Mouse).....lmao :eek:

LinpackX w/HWiNFO64:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a dead mobo (don't ask please lol).

What's the current go to mobo for a 10700k? I was using a gigabyte aorus elite holding 5ghz @ 1.28v stable.
Should I re-buy or go with something else?

Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This morning while playing COD Cold War at zombie mode, I got this WHEA error, I have to say that in like 4 months that I got my system at stock settings never got any kind of WHEA errors, I know how they looks like while I was overclocking my CPU, but since Im running stock settings right now I had no problems.

Also this error did not crash my game, I dint even noticed it, only few minutes after I stop playing, I was looking at the temps and all detailes since I always running the HWInfo64 in my background.

Saying like this:

Unknown error Internal parity error CPU id: 14

My temps are very acceptable I guess CPU 66ºC max and GPU 54ºC. Anyway here is the screenshoot of the error and more details:

My system is: i7-10700K @ stock RTX 3070 MSI SUPRIM X @ stock 32GB G.SKILL 3600 MHz @ XMP enabled ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS 1TB WD BLACK SN750 1TB SAMSUNG 870 QVO CORSAIR RM750X V2 NOCTUA NH-D15 BLACK

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Edit: Now stable at 53-53-52-51-51-51-51-50 using other settings outlined below.

I've gradually been tweaking things since I got the i7-10700K last summer. Here are my recent settings:

• Gigabyte Vision D Z490; F7c bios
  • NT-H1 paste
  • Hyper 212 EVO RGB Black; dual 120 CM fans.
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro M; (4) 140mm Phantek SP fans, 2 front [in], 1 top [out], 1 rear [out]
  • Turbo Cores = 52, 52, 51, 51, 51, 51, 51, 50
  • VCore; Fixed = 1.285v
  • AVX Offset = 1
  • LLC = High
  • Ring Ratio = 47
  • XMP Profile enabled [using G.Skill Ripjaw V, 3600/C16,16-19-19-39-2T, 2x16GB]
  • No other adjustments.

Idles between 26c-29c (contingent on ambient room temp).

With Prime95 26.6 blended, I max out at around 84c (my 1 hot core), with others staying around 82c or lower.

CPU-Z 1.95 single thread shows 620, multi at 6145. If I push all turbo cores to 5.1, it got to 6265.

HWinfo will start showing some errors after about 10-15 mins into P95 26.6 blended with all at 5.1 and 1.285v (as expected). Same if I push to 1.310v (again, probably no surprise). I think I have quite a bit of headroom, but I'm hesitant about temps and more voltage using my existing Hyper 212 setup (a friend of mine gave it to me new, for free with the extra fan, so it's working quite well for daily use).

If I attempt to increase Ring Ratio to 48x (using the above voltage and turbo core config), it'll eventually freeze my machine in P95.

Playing Forza Horizon 4 at 2K on Ultra, core temps peaked between 59c-67c. VOUT reported a max of 1.287v. Both Vcore for the motherboard in HWinfo showed maxes of 1.287v and 1.296v. Individual Core VIDs peaked at 1.355/1.356v.

Maybe this will help someone with a Vision D (or other Gigabyte boards).......

·
PC Enthusiast
722 Posts
The 10700K is just a hot cpu right?
I've had mine since launch and have it paired with a Asus Maximus XII Hero and Noctua NH-D14 cooler. I idle in the mid 30's and during gaming my temps are like in the mid 70's, maybe touching 80C sometimes. If I run a benchmark that uses all cores and threads then my temps can get hotter... like 88C-89C in Cinebench R20 and up to 93C after 8 hours of realbench.

However, my cpu has been running flawlessly all this time (like 7 months now?). It's fine, right?
My 7700k used to run hot as well (though not quite as hot since it was only 4c / 8t)

I'm using 1.280v w/ LLC7 and have MCE off, and I'm running 4.9ghz all core with no avx offset. (realbench does use avx fyi)
cache running at 4500mhz

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 10700K is just a hot cpu right?
I've had mine since launch and have it paired with a Asus Maximus XII Hero and Noctua NH-D14 cooler. I idle in the mid 30's and during gaming my temps are like in the mid 70's, maybe touching 80C sometimes. If I run a benchmark that uses all cores and threads then my temps can get hotter... like 88C-89C in Cinebench R20 and up to 93C after 8 hours of realbench.
However, my cpu has been running flawlessly all this time (like 7 months now?). It's fine, right?
My 7700k used to run hot as well (though not quite as hot since it was only 4c / 8t)
What are your paste and case airflow situations like? And, although doubtful, is there a heavy load process constantly running in the background?

I have (2) 140mm intakes, (1) 140mm top exhaust and (1) 140mm rear exhaust. My house is fairly cool (New England). Here is a screenshot of my i7-10700K set to 5.2ghz 2 cores, 5.1ghz 5 cores, 5.0 last core on 1.285v with ring ratio of 47. My Hyper 212 EVO has (2) 120mm fans.

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Looks good, but those different cores speeds would mess with my OCD....lmao

I'm running 4.9 all core at 1.225v or so....I can't remember what I have it at...with a BLK of 100.10 so I don't see 4.898ghz....lol

761 - 780 of 801 Posts