Overclock.net banner
841 - 860 of 881 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last bios update destabilized everything again. Decided to redo the entire oc.

Would like to know if this testing methodology should work for normal gaming loads.

CPU - prime 95 12ffts 1 hour
Cache - prime 95 blend? Or 115ffts?
Memory - memtest as usual

Then linpack and realbench to confirm all ocs are stable.

Also wondering if I should drop my LLC from 5 to 4 instead. Acdc load line was previously 0.8, trying 0.01 now.
I ran into the exact same thing- 2003 literally took away my stable 5.1GHz OC and turned it into notta. My cooling score dropped, and still have SP51 as my “estimated Silicon Performance” (guessing that’s what SP is an acronym for)
I also have an ASUS- but it’s a ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490-So I have a different UEFI, VRM, and whatever small differences between it and the Z490 Prime A. I dropped down to 5GHz flat, but also am using a different case, moved the AIO ( $90 GamerStorm 360EX White with the old glass tube instead of the new SS configuration) up top instead of upfront, but still run a Push/Pull configuration and the BIOS was updated before I started the OC in my new configuration. I really really want to go with a different AIO CLC- but am still in the air about which. Of course I want to use a Custom Loop-but again I’m up in the air about whether it’s worth dropping that much money and time for the ability to cool my GPU….which may be changing now that ETH is FINALLY plummeting and LHRs are hitting the market and EVGAs queue. So I’m just going to sit tight and wait for a MSRP 3080/3080Ti or EVGA to email me before I make any decisions. (Just wanted you to know that I’m experiencing the same BIOS update problems regarding OCing)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran into the exact same thing- 2003 literally took away my stable 5.1GHz OC and turned it into notta. My cooling score dropped, and still have SP51 as my “estimated Silicon Performance” (guessing that’s what SP is an acronym for)
I also have an ASUS- but it’s a ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490-So I have a different UEFI, VRM, and whatever small differences between it and the Z490 Prime A. I dropped down to 5GHz flat, but also am using a different case, moved the AIO ( $90 GamerStorm 360EX White with the old glass tube instead of the new SS configuration) up top instead of upfront, but still run a Push/Pull configuration and the BIOS was updated before I started the OC in my new configuration. I really really want to go with a different AIO CLC- but am still in the air about which. Of course I want to use a Custom Loop-but again I’m up in the air about whether it’s worth dropping that much money and time for the ability to cool my GPU….which may be changing now that ETH is FINALLY plummeting and LHRs are hitting the market and EVGAs queue. So I’m just going to sit tight and wait for a MSRP 3080/3080Ti or EVGA to email me before I make any decisions. (Just wanted you to know that I’m experiencing the same BIOS update problems regarding OCing)
Found a MSRP EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, and just bought a Hybrid Kit- So I have a CPU AIO 360MM up Top Exhausting, and a GPU AIO 240MM on the right side intaking-both are Push/Pull with Corsair LL120S. Also got a G6 SuperNova 1000w PSU…… Want some RIDICULOUS GPU scores.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Last couple of bioses have been subpar. Apart from destabilizing previous overclocks I seem to have intermittent issues with the lan disconnecting. Restabilized the oc at 4.9ghz and running fine for weeks.

Today I ran into a new WHEA error 17 something to do with pcie bus errors at the same time my internet disconnected. It threw 4 errors I assume for each pcie bus.

Wondering if I should throw more IO/SA voltage into it as it seems to be the chipset not being stable?

This is new even to me lol.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Last couple of bioses have been subpar. Apart from destabilizing previous overclocks I seem to have intermittent issues with the lan disconnecting. Restabilized the oc at 4.9ghz and running fine for weeks.

Today I ran into a new WHEA error 17 something to do with pcie bus errors at the same time my internet disconnected. It threw 4 errors I assume for each pcie bus.

Wondering if I should throw more IO/SA voltage into it as it seems to be the chipset not being stable?

This is new even to me lol.
You aren't overclocking your chipset/PCH, PCIE bus or BCLK? Those can give random instability. Also if it has the intel 2.5 gig network adapter there was an issue with that but I think mostly it had to do with bad speeds I have not looked too much into it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
You aren't overclocking your chipset/PCH, PCIE bus or BCLK? Those can give random instability. Also if it has the intel 2.5 gig network adapter there was an issue with that but I think mostly it had to do with bad speeds I have not looked too much into it.
FCLK is 1ghz. BCLK is at 100.1mhz. I doubt that would affect stability?

Yeah it has the intel 2.5G. My speeds are ok just intermittent disconnects.

I have MEI installed but not the chipset drivers. That might be causing issues?

Also did some testing with linpack and it seems my IO/SA were actually too high and not too low.

• Rep+
Reactions: D-EJ915

·
Registered
591 Posts
power savings in the device board helped me solve the disconnection problem in a realtek 2.5g

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone,
My Specs:

i7-10700K(die sense, 105 SP)
Z490 Tomahawk
XPG Core Reactor 750W
Corsair MP510 240GB M.2
Crucial Ballistix 2x8 16 GB 4000MHZ CL16
MB510 ARGB 3x120mm Fan
Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT
3060Ti Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16-20-20-41-600trfc 1450v. 40.7 ns

What should i do for 10700k? Any advice? I've 240HZ. I need Overclock settings.

·
Banned
4,672 Posts
Hello everyone,
My Specs:

i7-10700K(die sense, 105 SP)
Z490 Tomahawk
XPG Core Reactor 750W
Corsair MP510 240GB M.2
Crucial Ballistix 2x8 16 GB 4000MHZ CL16
MB510 ARGB 3x120mm Fan
Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT
3060Ti Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16-20-20-41-600trfc 1450v. 40.7 ns

What should i do for 10700k? Any advice? I've 240HZ. I need Overclock settings.
I have an SP110 that did 1.36v, 5.4ghz. Try that.

• Rep+
Reactions: reantum
841 - 860 of 881 Posts